Kegetys' Lowplants Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegetys' Lowplants Mod

Kegetys has released a mod which tweaks the foliage in ArmA to only use the "very low" shader settings, and at the same time, the amount of grass being rendered is reduced.

This mod, in short, results in a very significant increase in framerates for most people. ShackTac has just officially adopted this mod for our use, and the FPS improvements brought about by it will no doubt result in more North Sahrani missions now that they'll be playable by and large.

Quoting from a part of our forum post about it:
    To quote Kegetys:

Changes the vegetation in Armed Assault to use the 'very low' detail shaders when shader detail is set to a higher setting. This gives a performance boost without the visual quality loss of using 'very low' shaders everwhere, so normal maps etc. shader effects will still be used in vehicles & units.

The mod also modifies the Sahrani grass appearance and density for improved performance and appearance. Some vegetation textures are also modified a bit to make them look better with the very low shaders.
    The download link can be found here:
    http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

If you do not have Queen's Gambit, you will need to place this file into your ArmA\lowplants\addons\ folder once you have installed the lowplants addon.
    http://dslyecxi.com/shacktac/files/a...sara_grass.pbo

Re: Kegetys' Lowplants Mod

Very cool, thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

Nice mod... I need all the fps i can get and maybe now maybe it will actually be playable for me on maps that require grass to be turned on.

Comment

it allowed me to go from very low shader detail to very high with a playable framerate. loving it so far.

Comment

If I was a chick I'd be all over Kegety's nuts right now. Excellent mod. I can FINALLY run grass without my framerate taking a nosedive.

Comment

It says QG is required... anyone running it without?
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Switchy baby
              If you read the last line of Dyi's post above [may have been an edit] it says....
              The download link can be found here:
              http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

If you do not have Queen's Gambit, you will need to place this file into your ArmA\lowplants\addons\ folder once you have installed the lowplants addon.
              http://dslyecxi.com/shacktac/files/a...sara_grass.pbo
              "I like a man who grins when he fights"
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I will have to give this a try. Kurtiz was on last night using it and said it boosted his FPS quite a bit, like low teens to thirty I believe?

Do you need to add a line to your shortcut to run this or is it an automatic setting once installed?

Comment

Great!

TheCityLife.webs.com

Comment

BUMP: the link to the file I need because of my lack of Queen's Gambit is gone!
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Mirror for the no-QG file:
                      http://rapidshare.com/files/10915682...grass.pbo.html
                      The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Well, I installed this and dropped the sara grass pbo in arma\lowplants\addons and I am still getting a message that states "Addon 'KEGSaragrass' requires addon 'Sara_dbe1". I don't have the QG addon, obviously. Why am I getting the message though?
                        BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Are you sure it's the right file? My sara_grass.pbo has filesize 1,457,210 and I don't have QG.
                          The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Well, my file source was the top post, from Dslyecxi's post, and I tried the one that you posted on the 20th - they are very slightly different. The second one works.

Thanks a lot for your assistance.
                            BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Originally posted by BarnacleofDoom View Post
                              Well, I installed this and dropped the sara grass pbo in arma\lowplants\addons and I am still getting a message that states "Addon 'KEGSaragrass' requires addon 'Sara_dbe1". I don't have the QG addon, obviously. Why am I getting the message though?
                              I know I'm really new to this but I have QG and I get the same message as this
                              "Addon 'KEGSaragrass' requires addon 'Sara_dbe1".

Am I missing something? I used the DL from the top link in the first post.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X