SimHQ ArmA Coop Pack v5 final...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimHQ ArmA Coop Pack v5 final...

Posting it here, just in case your looking for new cooperative missions... if you put them on the TG server, recommend you take out any old SimHQ mission, these new ones have been updated and fixed.

Read Me (included with the pack):

Welcome to the SimHQ Armed Assault Cooperative Map/Mission Pack

A very special thanks to Wepps, the main designer and mission maker for SimHQ. A special thanks to Guod, owner and operator of SimHQ. And a special thanks to all the SimHQ community members who show up a couple of nights a week for some of the best, most tactical gameplay around.

About the mission pack: This mission pack contains 32, yes 32, cooperative play missions for Armed Assault. Some of these missions are made for small units of 8 or so players, while some are made for the larger cooperative crowd, around 24 or so. Most of these missions, especially the larger ones, are broken down into fire teams. The reason for this is that not only does the US Army infantry unit focus around the individual fire team, but in game it allows a squad leader to take charge of the mission as a whole, and leave it up to the fire team leaders to decide how best to use and deploy there troops. This is also helpful if you dont have enough human players to fill up the mission, but still want to play it. A human player can take the lead of a fire team, and control his AI fire team members. Just remember, fire teams work to support each other, there not their own fighting unit. While one fire team suppresses an enemy, the other fire team is working to flank and destroy that same enemy.

These missions are all based on the Tactical Briefs published at SimHQs web site.

www.simhq.com

http://www.simhq.com/_land/land.html

Tactical Briefing 01: Meet the Squad
    Tactical Briefing 02: Formations
    Tactical Briefing 03: Squad and Fire Team Movements
    Tactical Briefing 04: Movement to Contact
    Tactical Briefing 05: How to Plan and Execute a Squad Sized Assault

To install, simply copy the files in this folder, after extraction, to your Atari/ArmA/mpmissions folder.

Download the pack here.

Enjoy... and remember... Tactics and Teamwork!
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: SimHQ ArmA Coop Pack v5 final...

I really like the small COOPs. Good to see some updates.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Great stuff Magnum!
      LoyalGuard

Comment

Very cool!
        | | |

Comment

Very nice, thanks. Now if I can find some time to play them.

Comment

Thanks... I really had all these ideas and thoughts for TG, but you guys were all addicted to EVO, lol... been trying to get TG coop to play via the fire team standard, but just never grabbed... maybe this pack will fuel the fire... all the missions have random enemy encounters, and choices on how the SL (squad leader) could do the mission... foot, vehicle, sometime armor, sometimes air support... and a couple have artillery support for the SL only, use it wisely, it's limited.

Hope you guys enjoy them, and if I see them on the rotation I'll be sure to drop in and see how they play out with TG.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Tuesday might be a good night for some classic COOP. While in general the persistent style missions are more popular, there are many who would rather play tight COOP's. At least for the near future, I'll try to be on Tuesday evenings and playing the smaller SimHQ or other small COOP missions.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

The new mission pack has been uploaded to the Coop Server. Entries to the Mission Browser will be updated throughout the week.
                LoyalGuard

Comment

All missions have been added to the custom mission list here:

Custom Missions on the Tactical Gamer Servers

The only one not loaded was Small Unit 04 which requires the island of Porto (from Queen's Gambit).

Check 'em out and load 'em up!
                  LoyalGuard

Comment

thx... but are you sure about SU 04... none of these missions require any add-ons or other islands...unless we screwed up on that one, got to check... thx again for uploading.
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                      thx... but are you sure about SU 04... none of these missions require any add-ons or other islands...unless we screwed up on that one, got to check... thx again for uploading.
                      I'm pretty sure. I tried to select it the other night on the server but it wouldn't load. I know it is a not a Porto mission (from the briefing at least). But if you unpack the mission and look at the mission.sqm, you can see that porto is defined as an add-on:

Code:
                      addOns[]=
                      	{
                      		"desert",
                      		"cacharacters",
                      		"sara",
                      		"CAWheeled",
                      		"CABuildings",
                      		"CAMisc",
                      		"caweapons",
                      		"CATracked",
                      		"cadata",
                      		"CAWater",
                      		"porto",
                      		"CAWheeled3_M1030",
                      		"CAWheeled3_TT650"
                      	};
                      	addOnsAuto[]=
                      	{
                      		"cacharacters",
                      		"CATracked",
                      		"CAWheeled",
                      		"caweapons",
                      		"CAWheeled3_TT650",
                      		"cadata",
                      		"camisc",
                      		"CAWater",
                      		"CABuildings",
                      		"CAWheeled3_M1030",
                      		"porto",
                      		"sara"
                      Perhaps it was included inadvertently, but should be easy to fix I think ( but I don't have QC so I don't know what else may have been added). Let me know!

Good stuff all around with this mission pack so far! It's a great addition!
                      LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                        I'm pretty sure. I tried to select it the other night on the server but it wouldn't load. I know it is a not a Porto mission (from the briefing at least).
                        I had the same problem. I tried to play it on a private server the other night. The host had Queen's Gambit, while myself and another guy did not. We were not able to play the mission.

Comment

OK thx... probably a screw up on our part... that final pack was suppose to be ALL original content... but now we are working on a QG and the 6th Sense mod (there maps) mission pack.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X