Evo Blue ?'s - AH-6 Laser Designator Script

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo Blue ?'s - AH-6 Laser Designator Script

I was wondering if someone could help me find this? It's a script when you hop in the AH-6 (as Pilot) in Evo Blue (V2?), when you scroll through your in vehicle options you have the Laser Marker or Laser designator. I'm thinking of finding a way to position this for the co-pilot since it would be better served there.

I also want to take this further and implementing it in with the MH-6 Co-pilot position while at it.

Anyone familiar with this script?

Re: Evo Blue ?'s - AH-6 Laser Designator Script

I will poke around for it.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

I'd appreciate it, looked mostly under Scripts and couldn't find much relating to it, but it might be lost in some of the coding.

Comment

Well I found it but it was not what I expected. All he did was add a laser designator to any AH-6s in the mission. I believe Mandoble used something like this for his famous Mando Missile scripts. To find it open the Scripts subfolder and look for MainThreadC.sqf file. Open it and look for the function called EVO_Repair. There you will find this code to add the laser marker (does include the variable init info found earlier in the script:

Code:
        if(_type == "AH6") then 
        			{
        				_weapons = weapons _vec;
        				if(not ("Laserdesignator" in _weapons)) then 
        				{
        					_vec addMagazine "Laserbatteries";
        					_vec addweapon "Laserdesignator"
        				}
        				else
        				{
        					_vec removeMagazine "Laserbatteries";
        					_vec addMagazine "Laserbatteries";
        				};
        			};
        The good news is that with a similar implementation, you should be able to add a laser designator to an AH-6, MH-6, and possibly land vehicle as well. But, I don't think anyone but the pilot would be able to use it unless you altered the vehicle config which would require an addon.

I hope this helps and good luck!
        LoyalGuard

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post

The good news is that with a similar implementation, you should be able to add a laser designator to an AH-6, MH-6, and possibly land vehicle as well. But, I don't think anyone but the pilot would be able to use it unless you altered the vehicle config which would require an addon.

I hope this helps and good luck!
          Do you think it could be added to a vehicle position that already has a Crew served weapon?
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
            Do you think it could be added to a vehicle position that already has a Crew served weapon?
            I assume it would add the laser option to the "gunner" position in the vehicle. For the AH/MH-6, that of course is the pilot.

I will mess around a bit in the editor and see what works.

EDIT UPDATE:

I was able to add it to any vehicle I wanted. Driver gets it if there is no "gunner" position (e.g. 5T truck). Gunner gets it with a crew weapon (e.g. HMVWV M2). Manual action also give the driver the option but cannot see the recticle.
            Last edited by loyalguard; 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM. Reason: Added info
            LoyalGuard

Comment

Nice work....that's good to hear! Bummer you're not able to give to any position in a vehicle could you imagine a MH-6 hovering and the harrier gets 5 different spots...lol

Comment

@Loyal,

Good work. This could be very interesting in any combined arms mission. I would find it much easier to lase a target from a Hummer than crawling on the ground, depending on the situation. This could increase a designators mobility and would be great to use with CAS or coordination between gunners.
                |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...