No announcement yet.

Camo and using terrain (ArmA lesson)...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo and using terrain (ArmA lesson)...

Ya, really I just wanted to share these beautiful screenshots... but I figured I'd show some examples of using camo and terrain to your advantage... (granted the AI don't see camo or not, but in force on force...info could come in handy)...

Can you see my fireteam? besides my white face...lol, use the terrain, natural environment, and shadows to your advantage:

Moving up in line formation:

See the small ridge line ahead of us, perfect fighting position protection:

On the downslope of the small ridge:

If it gets to heated, go prone...another fireteam can flank the enemy to let you retreat (or re-engage), or you can low crawl back out of the killzone:

OPEN FIRE!

Beautiful models:

Enemy can use the same terrain to there advantage...grenades, suppressive fire, and another fireteam flanking the enemy will win you the battle:

So remember this fire team leaders... if I squad leader tells you to go to a certain location, he means general area, only you as the fireteam leader can determine where exactly to go...SL don't micro manage, FTL's adjust your orders to fit the objective but yet keep you and your men alive.

Get Tactical Dammit! ;)

BTW... you'll notice the FT in the shadows in pic 1, while there not in pic 2...which one is most likely to hide you better from a scout helicopter or scout team with binos?
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Camo and using terrain (ArmA lesson)...

For force-on-force, remember that shadows will not render terribly far. They cannot be used for the purposes of concealment at any reasonable combat range other than knife-fighting distance, and that's assuming that the other players run with shadows turned on.

Comment

For example, I play on a laptop, so I'm running all the settings cranked to the basement, including resolution (640x480). I'd be shooting you at twenty frames per second or less.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
        For example, I play on a laptop, so I'm running all the settings cranked to the basement, including resolution (640x480). I'd be shooting you at twenty frames per second or less.
        Yeah me too, though those screenies look great.

Magnum and Dsylexci, I noticed you used the opfor as they have the green camo and blend in pretty well (worse over distance it seems). I find The US and Racs tend to stand out - do you find that in FoF this makes a big difference at all? Or have you guys adopted a skin pack.

Thanks.
        Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
          Magnum and Dsylexci, I noticed you used the opfor as they have the green camo and blend in pretty well (worse over distance it seems). I find The US and Racs tend to stand out - do you find that in FoF this makes a big difference at all? Or have you guys adopted a skin pack.

Thanks.
          SimHQ doesn't currently play any force-on-force.

As to ShackTac, we use the normal ArmA skins currently. We will adopt the ACE ones when that's out, but until then we're playing with the vanilla ones. It's not a big deal - the US troops have better camo when in urban areas and in rocky/mountain terrain, whereas the SLA have better camo in wooded areas. RACS blend in nicely in the desert and fairly well in urban areas. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

I have enough trouble spotting people with graphics on lowest settings as it is; new camouflage would make people invisible.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X