The Briefing - why it is important

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Briefing - why it is important

To me, a proper briefing is an essential part of a tactical simulator. This is even more important to have when you only have one life. Living in game is fun because it allows us to continue playing and enjoying ourselves. We don't want our comrades dying because we want a multi-player experience.

So after we have selected our spots, our next stop is the map screen. At this point everyone should still be on amber alert (i.e. you haven't hit continue yet) and they should read the brieifing if they haven't done so before. It is essential that everyone has a basic understanding of why we are going out. Preferably the SL could read out the breifing.

Once that part has been done, a discussion should then ensue. Part of planning the mission is not to listen to your SL ramble on without your input. A briefing should allow for an exchange of ideas but ultimately, the decision lies with the SL. So the SL will take a look at the mission, postulate a game plan and then seek input from everyone else (risks, alternatives, logistical aspects, enemy dispositions, etc). This shouldn't be over complicated because a) it may change according to how the mission plays out and b) people won't remember a detailed briefing. You can (and should) discuss points to get understanding, but after that is done, the SL should summarise the plan as concisely (or as briefly ;)) as possible.

S/leaders don't have all the answers and may well forget obvious things. So the briefing is a good start to getting everyone involved in the game and a good way to iron out the bumps of the plan.

By using this method, everyone should have a good understanding of what to expect of the mission and I reckon that it should increase our survivability.

Once the briefing has ended, everyone should signify their readiness to get going by going green (or "green up" as we used to say in the GR days here) leaving the SL to green up last and indicate the start of the mission.
    Jex.

Re: The Briefing - why it is important

Great advice Jex. Most days I'm rushed through the briefing as everyone else readies up. However, i always try to read it thoroughly. Many times there are some very helpful notes in the briefing.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Everyone listen to this man... he knows what he's doin :)
      Dizlor

Comment

I'd +rep ya, but I have seem to have lost my superhuman SM abilities.

Great post Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X