ECS mod video...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS mod video...

Thanks to Rowdied for letting me (us) know about this excellent mod.

Thanks to the mod design team lead by Matt Rochelle.

I was/am a big fan of the ECP mod made for OFP, that along with the excellent FFUR mods gave alot of new life in that game for me... and I was excited to here about this new ECS (Enhanced Configuration System) mod for Armed Assault...

I tested it on a couple of default missions, and a quick editor mission, and very impressed... Be advise I did notice a drop of 5 to 10 FPS in the game. Which ain't no big deal to me since I get 50 to 60 FPS anyway, just hurts a little when recording with fraps... but people with low end machines already may have a problem. Just FYI.

you can get the mod from:
    http://www.armedassault.info/

Along with alot more info on what exactly this mod contains.

It comes with it's own exe install, and creates it's own shortcut...so you can choose to use it or not based on your shortcut, read the Read Me for more info...

Here is a quick video I put together showing some of the lights and sounds, as I like to call them, of the mod... I had to play this quick, and get it together quick, since I'm now 30 mins late for work, lol... so it is still uploading in the background...

IT SHOULD BE FULLY UPLOADED BY 2230 HOURS (EASTERN TIME ZONE)

I have to leave for work... ASAP... enjoy...

http://www.gettacticaldammit.com/vid...mod%20ArmA.wmv

Thx again to the mod team...when I find out who it was, I'll give proper credit.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: ECS mod video...

What does it do exactly? they only explain how to install it but give no details other than that.

Comment

theres a read me bigger then most patch read me's, lol... but mostly it is lights and sounds, along with some AI improvments.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I DL'd the HD version which only had an .exe and a setup.txt in it. I'll install and see. My FPS is pretty low... we'll see how bad it'll hurt my eyes

Comment

heres what you can do in game:

Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

It looks interesting, I will take it for a spin tonight!
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

some cool things to look for... love this mod, all except for the aggressive, more deadly AI... the stock was already way over the top on that, IMO...

This on the other forum, some fun stuff to look for.

"some items you may or may not know about in E.C.S.

each "zone" will ahve its own ambience (go to the top of a mountain. and listen)

bistros will have music. phones ringing
              gas stations wil have a "DING!" WHEN YOU ROLL THRU THEM.

if YOU cath fire ..you MUST DROP AND ROLL to sometimes put it out. depending on the severity you cant. and you die.

if you KNOW the enemy is nearby, your heart rate will get louder, and increase the closer he is. (only if you "know" there is a contact nearby).. if your character never sees a "contact" hidng in a bush, your heart rate will not go up. but if you see him go into the bush, and you walk up..your heartrate will increase.

if you get shot, you will eventually blead to death. unless you (limited in degree, and amount of times) heal yourself.

often when out of ammo/re-arming your character will say "gotta reload, cover me"

the AI talk to themselves, whistle, and chitchat. and it is all "normal" sounding you dont get a phrase that sound out of place with others.

ALL electical power stations hum. houses have musci ambience. kitchen sounds..etc.

woods are much more ambient.

guns jam. to fix you have to reload...sometimes you have to reload MULTIPLE TIMES!!! to unjam:)]

volumetric fog/ clouds/rain.

blood spatter on screen. blood spatter on ground.

AI is very agressive and is better than stock.

ROCKETS have new explosions

there are many MANY little things that set the mood for E.C.S.

you just have to pay attention to the tiny little details to notice, but if you go without it, and play "normal" you miss out on a lot all of a sudden"
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

This looks rather basic. I wonder if anyone will remember this once SLX or ACE are out.

Comment

ya that was needed...

Was wondering how long it would take you to come in and put others work down...since it's not your teams work.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    ya that was needed...

Was wondering how long it would take you to come in and put others work down...since it's not your teams work.
                    Welcome to the internet, where other people have opinions as well! Please do continue to get grouchy about it, it puts you in such a wonderful light. :icon14:

For the record, I am not involved in SLX at all. I've played it and it's clear that it has a much more impressive feature set than ECS. I don't think you'll hear much about ECS once SLX is public, but I guess you'll have to wait and see to understand exactly why that is.

Comment

You two place nice and get back on discussing the MOD or else we will all learn nothing about it after this thread fades away... ;)
                      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Gun jams... bleh. Clean your weapon properly, and make sure the magazines you're using aren't ancient pieces of trash (which is usually the cause of the M16/M4's malfunction, in my experience). It doesn't happen often enough to warrant simulating it in a game.

Comment

hi to all,
                          just thought to drop by,i see that the ECS mod made it here also,if any questions drop by the website,
                          thank you for your interest in the ECS mod,
                          Kryptonite! ECS MOD TEAM

Comment

Will these mods (ecs, slx and ace) have some issues with mods like arma effects/tracer/sound mods?
                            Jex.

Comment

Jex AFAIK ACE will have new sounds and tracers, i think even the 6th Sense, but i am not 100% on this. ACE will have a ton more features on top of the sound and tracers. SLX from what I played had different tracers and sounds, not sure on anything else. ECS I am completely lost on, I have no Idea about the features within this.

Dsylexci would know more about ACE then I, I am just going off posts and chat in IRC.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X