mod getting turned off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod getting turned off

Some of the mods I use seem to get turned off when I play online. The one I'm thinking of is sixth sense tracer. I keep getting the crappy stock tracers. Am I missing something or is it just the server doing it?

Re: mod getting turned off

What all mods are you using at once?

Comment

It is most likely not the server. As Vanity hinted, if you are using more than one mod it is very likely that one is overwriting the other (I'll expliain why this is later). Do this:

1) Note all the mods you are using as Vanity suggested.

2) Make sure you have the latest versions of all your mods installed. There have been great efforts in the last several months to making mods compatible with one another across the board and even a mod version a few weeks older may not be the most current.

3) If you are using more than one mod try removing them one at a time until the mod that is "broken" starts working again.

4) Change the order of the mod folders in the shortcut or addon utility. In ArmA the mod that is loaded last will overwrite mods that affect the same parts of the game in loaded before it. This particulary noticeable with any mods that change the effects involving the firing of weapons. If you definitely want to make sure a mod takes priority over all other mods put it last in order.

5) Some missions can "break" mods either my intentional design or unitentional side effect. If there are only certain missions that interfere with your mods please note that as well (Note: Evolution and it's variants often break tracers).

I am going to start another thread on some general background on mod compatabilty that may also be useful. But, in the meantime, try the above and we will see what we can resolve. Good luck!
      Last edited by loyalguard; 03-27-2008, 07:49 AM.
      LoyalGuard

Comment

The mod thats not working is 6th sense tracer. It only seem to not be working properly in MP. But last few times I played was on Evo... anyways, I'll go run a few tests

Thanks for the info

Comment

Evo will definitely break 6th sense tracers, there is nothing that can be done about this I think.
          LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X