This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bas-f 1.4.1

For those of you serious about mission editing, the BAS team has released another awesome piece of work for ArmA. Some of you may already be using the BAS-F template to design your missions, the ones who are not are missing out.

Last week they released version 1.1 which is a much welcome, it give you guys the templates needed to make stellar mission that we can all play here.

Below are some highlights from the update:

Core components
    Select Your Island
    o Sahrani
    o Sahrani (ShackTac mission template)
    o Rahmadi
    o United Sahrani
    o Porto
    o Sakakah Al Jawf
    o Malden (Cold War Re-armed Mod)
    o Winter Kolgujev (Cold War Re-armed Mod)
    Naming Your Mission
    Load Screen Text
    Respawn Settings
    Configurable Playable Slots
    Conditions Selector
    Gear Snippets (inc. v1.05 weapons)
    Automatic Body Removal
    Multiplayer Ending Controller
    Debug Mode
    BAS Server Logic
    BAS f Common Local Variables
    Briefing File Template (Coop Version)
    ReadMe File Template

Optional components

AI Skill Selector (Coop Version)
    AI Skill Selector (Attack & Defend Version)
    Authorised Crew Check
    Authorised Crew Type Check
    Kegetys' Spectator Script for ArmA
    Dynamic View Distance
    Multi-side Briefing File Template
    Hide Enemy Objectives
    Casualty Cap
    Casualty Cap (Advanced)
    Automatic Body Removal (FIFO Version)
    ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template
    ShackTactical: Group IDs component
    ShackTactical: Markers
    ShackTactical: Markers (Addon Version)
    ShackTactical: Fireteam Markers
    ShackTactical: Fireteam Markers (Addon Version)
    ShackTactical: Briefing File Template (Coop Version)
    ShackTactical: Briefing File Template (Attack & Defend Version)
    ShackTactical: CoC CEX Support
    ShackTactical: kevb0's Wounding Script
    ShackTactical: kevb0's Outtro Script
    ShackTactical: ShackTac f (Sahrani)

The full read for everything is in the BI forum here.
    Last edited by TheBigC; 04-03-2008, 07:35 AM.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Bas-f 1.1

Oh, I'm still using 0.8--I'll get right on updating.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Thanks for the mention :)

TG Mission-makers may find the "ShackTactical: ShackTac f (Sahrani)" component of particular interest ;)

Comment

Fer,
        Thanks for the mention?!!
        You are always a welcome and distinguished guest here at TG. If it were not for the work you and the BAS crew have done, we would not see most of the missions around the ArmA community as we do today.
        Last edited by TheBigC; 04-03-2008, 06:50 AM.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Hmmm, sounds pretty shady. Do I have to enter my credit card number to use Bas-f?

Comment

No, your social security number will work fine.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
              You are always a welcome and distinguished guest here at TG. If it were not for the work you and the BAS crew have done, we would not see most of the missions around the ArmA community as we do today.
              Thanks! That's extremely kind of you. The funny thing is this: Outside of ShackTac, I have no idea how popular BAS f actually is. Everytime we release a new build, we get zero feedback on the BI forums or news sites.

Looking at the stats for the BAS website in March, I can see that ~250 downloads of BAS f v1-1 were made (curiously, we also saw ~160 downloads of v1-0-8 as well), so somebody has to be using it, LOL.

Comment

Hmm downloading it now... And to believe I had gotten about a 1/4 of the way done with my mission in the in-game editor alone :P Cant wait to give this a try and finish 'er up. Thanks!
                Dizlor

Comment

Used it as well and found it very helpful, still no walk in the park, but at least a much better way to start than figuring everything out by yourself. Never really figured out how to do a proper mission ending though, kinda got tired of fiddling around with script and stuff.

Comment

Looks like Fer has been busy again..

There is an new version out there for all of us to play with!!

The updates include:
                    * Updated ShackTac platoon loadouts (thanks to FLEXCopMNPD).
                    * Updated Kegetys Spectator Script for ArmA component (thanks to ViperMaul).
                    * Added new ShackTac mission.sqm files for ACU, MARPAT D and Woodland (thanks to FLEXCopMNPD).
                    * Added support for South Sahrani.
                    * Added support for Avgani.
                    * Added support for Uhao.
                    * Added support for LDDK training island (Isla de Pollo).
                    * Added ShackTac f mission template folders for all supported islands.
                    * Removed support for ACE islands (temporarily).
                    * Removed support for CWR islands (temporarily).
                    * Updated manual: Various minor changes.

The full read and download are at:Link

Good looking out on this find JrCobra!

Comment

If you guys are not tracking all the awesome update for this, you are wrong!!! Fer has put together a stellar update as usual. He is now up to 1-4-1. it includes all the ACE islands and some really neat scripting by a lot of folks.

Now, that being said. I promised him some feed back on what people like about the template. Go ahead and comment on what is working and what might be improved on. And along the way, make sure you thank him for all his hard work!!! It making all of lives easier having templates like this...

His updated Wiki

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X