Is View Distance Set by the Mission?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is View Distance Set by the Mission?

As the heading implies, does the mission override my view distance settings?

It seems that some missions give you the option to change your view distance (e.g. - Evo) which presumably means that I can't change my view distance through my settings unless it is scripted in to the mission at hand.

If the Mission Designer hasn't scripted it into the game then I think it uses the default setting of 1200M.

Is that an accurate representation of how thw view distances work in Arma?

Thanks,
    Jex.

Re: Is View Distance Set by the Mission?

Yes the mission sets the view distance default if set at 1200M

but you can change the view distance using a mod..(Instant view distance) which allows you to change your view distance to anything in any mission.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Ah yes I remember that now you mention it - I'll grab it now - thx :)
      Jex.

Comment

Note that some missions can somehow override this mod. You'll be able to us this mod on most but not all missions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik View Post
          Note that some missions can somehow override this mod. You'll be able to us this mod on most but not all missions.
          I think the more important thing to note would be that using such a mod gives you an unfair advantage over other players, and when playing adversarial, it's known as "cheating".

Comment

Naturally. But since we rarely play TvT, it's not really an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
              I think the more important thing to note would be that using such a mod gives you an unfair advantage over other players, and when playing adversarial, it's known as "cheating".
              Not a problem for me as I consider cheating to be the lowest of the low. Also I'm not wanting it to increase my view distance but rather decrease it. I have a very low end rig and need every frame I can get. If I can drop 400m off my view distance I think maybe I'll squeeze out an extra frame or two.
              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X