Xam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xam

Is anybody playing with this, I havent read much about it but I heard that it fixes alot of problems (sound, graphics and more) but also causes much lag. I was playing on the OC server for a bit and one of the guys said he had some part of it which let him see in infrared in certain vehicles (gunship, tank, etc.) but lagged uncontrollably when left on longer than 20-30 seconds.
    Anybody ever played with this or able to give any reviews?
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Xam

I watched some videos of it and wasn't very impressed. I've been on some servers that say you'll be banned for using XAM, so it must have some advantageous elements not in the original game.

Either way, it just looked 'goofy' to me.

Comment

Well that changed my mind quick enough..
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Bump... Think XAM came out with a new update, looks pretty well improved? Anybody tried this one out?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1758

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxP5Q...ge.php?id=3004

Comment

I haven't tried the new one. THe old one was garbage IMHO. I did not like the menu and background changes. The sounds weren't special and the ArmA Effects were just as good if not better than the Xam Effects. Also you didn't get the lag nor the server crashes related to Xam. I would be hesitant to try a total conversion type mod. Many mods exist that accomplish the same goal, but give you more customization freedom.
          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Meh - it looks like it's got some pretty cool features, but I just can't get into this one.

Comment

You cant customize what is and isnt working with the mod like SIX at all?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X