TvT Mission - The Obregan Gap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT Mission - The Obregan Gap

Here is a mission I made for ArmA. I noticed a lack of publicly available TvT missions, so I decided to make one. If people like the style, I can make a bunch of similar missions off of the scripting framework.

The Obregan Gap v117

Max. Players: 68 (35 BLUFOR, 33 REDFOR)
    Min. Players: 2
    Min. Recommended Players: 20
    Time limit: 60 minutes

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/10822932..._v117.rar.html

Quick Description
    The BLUFOR must destroy the bridge south of Obregan. They have one platoon of infantry, and an accompanying Stryker Platoon.

The REDFOR must defend the bridge. They have one platoon of infantry with a MG team, and an AT team (who are low on ammo) and a Mi-17 crew.

BLUFOR Groups:
    Platoon HQ - 1 Platoon Leader, 2 Platoon Medics
    1st Section - 1 Section Leader, 1 Section 2IC, 2 ARs, 1 GL, 1 AT, 2 Riflemen
    2nd Section - 1 Section Leader, 1 Section 2IC, 2 ARs, 1 GL, 1 AT, 2 Riflemen
    3rd Section - 1 Section Leader, 1 Section 2IC, 2 ARs, 1 GL, 1 AT, 2 Riflemen
    1st Stryker Crew - 1 Driver, 1 Gunner
    2nd Stryker Crew - 1 Driver, 1 Gunner
    3rd Stryker Crew - 1 Driver, 1 Gunner
    4th Stryker Crew - 1 Driver, 1 Gunner

REDFOR Groups:
    Platoon HQ - 1 Platoon Leader, 2 Platoon Medics
    1st Section - 1 Section Leader, 1 Section 2IC, 1 MG, 1 GL, 4 Riflemen
    2nd Section - 1 Section Leader, 1 Section 2IC, 1 MG, 1 GL, 4 Riflemen
    3rd Section - 1 Section Leader, 1 Section 2IC, 1 MG, 1 GL, 4 Riflemen
    MG Team - 1 MG Team Leader, 1 MG Team Gunner
    AT Team - 1 AT Team Leader, 1 AT Team Gunner
    1st Mi-17 Crew - 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner

BLUFOR must have a Stryker crew, or the infantry will have a long walk.
    REDFOR must have an Mi-17 crew, or the reinforcements will have a long walk.

Notable Features:
    * Only Crewmen can drive or gun in the Strykers.
    * Only Pilots can drive or gun in the Mi-17.
    * Vehicles can be rearmed at base.
    * There are no weapons available in the mission, only ammunition.
    * There is a limited amount of ammunition available.
    * Wave Respawn system, you respawn afer 5 minutes or if there are 4 or more people at your base.
    * Full briefing.
    * Pre-placed defenses, including static weapons.

Thanks to BAS f for the crew check and briefing, Xeno for the vehicle service script, sickboy for the multiplayer scripting wiki page, and to everyone who helped out on the BI Forums!

EDIT: Latest version is v117.
    Last edited by beita; 04-17-2008, 11:06 AM. Reason: Added updated version. Again.

Re: TvT Mission - The Obregan Gap

Cool!

Comment

I must say, wow that was fast hehe.

The real intention behind this post was to get me 15 posts, so I can fix my links now.

Yay!

Comment

tested and working on a dedicated server with 8 players, really hope to try this one out on the TG server sometime soon :)

Comment

Wow, you are not sitting idle are ya? Just downloaded the mission to see how you've implemented the wave respawn so I can try it in my mission as well.

EDIT: Did seem to work, got the correct respawn delay. I couldn't test the died player threshold cause the mission doesn't allow AI players so it was only me.

I did get an error (see attachment).

I unpacked the PBO to analyse the mission, I see parts of the code you posted, not sure if I can reliably place it in my own mission.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Taxi; 04-17-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

That error should be easy to fix. "player side" is incorrect; you should use "side player".
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yeah ... I uploaded 3 versions within 20 minutes.

Note to self: Don't try and fix code at 2 in the morning.

Got the newest one ready soon. I'm going to try and give it a final test to make sure it's all good.

EDIT: Alright, just did a quick test. BLUFOR JIP players should no longer be teleported to REDFOR base. No more error message like above. The REDFOR JIP players are now teleported to their base.
              Last edited by beita; 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM. Reason: Testing results.

Comment

This could be an amazing map. as i'm new here and have no clue how the sunday co-ops go, i should just keep my opinon to myself...but i never do, so would it be possible (if it doesn't already happend) to get some larger TvT games going in-between the co-ops? could use this map if it's all de-bugged

Comment

Beita as an old friend of mine said "Computer programing is like trying to fill out Italian tax forms, not to be tackeled while sleep deprived, drunk or while having sex". I would love to have a chance to play this map, i like the single weapon per person idea, stops everyone running to the box and gradding the SPR or whatever other thigns kids these days like. And limiting ammo, ingenious.
                  Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Whoops.

Edited the first post too many times it seems!

Well, there were a few more problems:

-AT guns had no ammo
                    -An AR BLUFOR spawned with a M16A2
                    -Briefing errors

Fixed in the latest (and hopefully last for TODAY at least) version, v119.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/10829078..._v119.rar.html

Comment

I also work in the software industry.....crazy thought:

Maybe we should create a small localized game to test this on before releasing it fully.

I know it's out there...but lets open minded ;-)

Comment

That would be a good idea.

I had 7 people take a look at it yesterday, but hey, more testing never hurt anybody.

Two things I'm not 100% about, the teleport to REDFOR base for REDFOR JIP players (it SEEMS to work, haven't tried with a bunch of people) and the rearming of vehicles, I could get it to work, so could a few others, but some couldn't.

Oh, and if anyone has some ideas for objective based missions, bring 'em out! I'll gladly apply these sets of scripts/functions to the idea and of course you will have full credit for the mission idea. More TvT missions is a good thing.

Comment

Do we need a super PC to act as a server for just a 5v5 game?

Comment

no we can do it right now if we got the players...

add me on xfire - fuzzhead

Comment

Hey Beita, since you're messing with scripts anyway. ( :) )

When I was doing my mission I was also longing for a script that would check if a vehicle was in the spawn zone, if not then after a certain time a new one would spawn. This one would deal with the issue of vehicles only respawning when destroyed not when damaged so it won't move or being abandoned for other reasons.

This script would automatically ensure that there would always be a minimum amount of functional vehicles available at spawn for respawning players. Is this something that can easily be done or is it much work, it's not really that needed cause you can just use a ridiculous amount of vehicles, just wondering if something like that is possible.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X