Sounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds

I've been lookin around and checked the client side mods thread again still cant decide..

Right now Im playing with Chammys but IMO it just seems a little bland, not really intense as I'd like it.

Now I'm looking at different possibilities; Chammys (just keep it), BPA (seems like not everything is in tune and synched from video on armaholics dl section of it), FDF (which means that people w\o Queens Gambit can only get to version 1.2?) and Fromz's (which I think adds extra things on besides just sound, although this is the video that made me want to buy arma).

Whats everybodys personal opinions? Before most people said Chammys but now it seems like some have changed to FDF..
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Sounds

I have BPA but didn't really care for it too much. Is anyone else using BPA?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
      FDF (which means that people w\o Queens Gambit can only get to version 1.2?)
      How do you mean? I only have regular ArmA and I'm running FDF 1.3 with the hotfix for the beta patches. Chammys is awesome for weapons but pretty poor for everything else. So far FDF seems the only mod that is good for all sounds, but I've not been keeping up-to-date with it all so there may be better ones now.
      "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

I previously used Chammy's, but recently switched to AACFSOUNDS--which is, as I understand it, an offshoot of FDF. (It doesn't require Queen's Gambit.)

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
          I have BPA but didn't really care for it too much. Is anyone else using BPA?
          The only sound mod I have used on any regular basis.. I love it tbh.
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
            How do you mean? I only have regular ArmA and I'm running FDF 1.3 with the hotfix for the beta patches. Chammys is awesome for weapons but pretty poor for everything else. So far FDF seems the only mod that is good for all sounds, but I've not been keeping up-to-date with it all so there may be better ones now.
            http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=896

"If you do not have Queens Gambit you can download version 1.2 from here."
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Odd, I'm using 1.3 fine without Queen's Gambit, and I know of a lot of others who do also.
              "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

Fenian - I tried out FDF 1.2 for ya. I really like this sound mod, but it has 1 major problem...

Armor sounds like a Toyota Prius. They sneak right up on you out of nowhere, you can't hear them coming. You turn around a T72 is bearing on you from 100yards away. Then if you're actively hunting the armor to destroy it, it zips off 50-100yards and you can't hear it anymore. So you're wandering around looking for this tank and BAM! There it is, right around the corner of a building. Didn't hear it there either!! It's only 50feet away!!

Same issue with UAZs. They're pretty much dead-silent. The sounds are great, but until they fix the vehicle sounds this mod is more of hindrance than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
                  Fenian - I tried out FDF 1.2 for ya. I really like this sound mod, but it has 1 major problem...
                  All the sound issues you've cited are fixed in 1.3/1.31, and it's absolutely trivial to get it to work w/o Queen's Gambit.

Comment

FDF here. Have used it since it's first release.
                    sigpic
                    | |
                    TG ArmA Pathfinder
                    One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                      All the sound issues you've cited are fixed in 1.3/1.31, and it's absolutely trivial to get it to work w/o Queen's Gambit.
                      by trivial you mean works fine w\o the Queens Gambit?

and ty Vanity, heh yea cant really have a game with assassin tankers.

Comment

He means it works with very slight modification. This usually means renaming or replacing a file.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Anyone got a link or willing to put down a step by step type thing of what to do then?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                            Anyone got a link or willing to put down a step by step type thing of what to do then?
                            ditto. Fenian420, the pic you use, is that buckwheat on crack lol

Comment

lol I dont even know what its from.. Just got it from some other forums I used to go to..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X