X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 206 Wolfpack
    started a topic Sounds

Sounds

I've been lookin around and checked the client side mods thread again still cant decide..

Right now Im playing with Chammys but IMO it just seems a little bland, not really intense as I'd like it.

Now I'm looking at different possibilities; Chammys (just keep it), BPA (seems like not everything is in tune and synched from video on armaholics dl section of it), FDF (which means that people w\o Queens Gambit can only get to version 1.2?) and Fromz's (which I think adds extra things on besides just sound, although this is the video that made me want to buy arma).

Whats everybodys personal opinions? Before most people said Chammys but now it seems like some have changed to FDF..

• Long Bow
    replied
    Re: Sounds

I recently switched to HiFi from FDF and won't go back. I also tried Cammys but prefer HiFi. It allows you to hear things a little farther out which I found to be very valuable. The weapon sounds are really impressive as well.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied

I have FROMZ Feeling Sound Mod but the crackling noise gets really annoying and its frustrating

Leave a comment:

• Jorge.PT
    replied

Try AACF sound mod, its just great. The distance firefights are the most real if heard in arma.

Leave a comment:

• 206 Wolfpack
    replied

Reason for Bump:

HiFi Sound Mod has a new update: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3051

Leave a comment:

• GinSoakedBoy
    replied

All I did was install, apply hotfix for beta patches, run, enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• 206 Wolfpack
    replied

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
    Anyone got a link or willing to put down a step by step type thing of what to do then?
    Heh thats exactly what Ive been thinking for the past few days too..

So uhh anybody trying to tell me if this is possible to get the FDF newest version to be working with a non Queens Gambit ArmA player?

Leave a comment:

• BigJim59
    replied

Fenian420, i guess we're not going to get an answer lol

Leave a comment:

• 206 Wolfpack
    replied

lol I dont even know what its from.. Just got it from some other forums I used to go to..

Leave a comment:

• BigJim59
    replied

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
    Anyone got a link or willing to put down a step by step type thing of what to do then?
    ditto. Fenian420, the pic you use, is that buckwheat on crack lol

Leave a comment:

• 206 Wolfpack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

He means it works with very slight modification. This usually means renaming or replacing a file.

Leave a comment:

• 206 Wolfpack
    replied

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
    All the sound issues you've cited are fixed in 1.3/1.31, and it's absolutely trivial to get it to work w/o Queen's Gambit.
    by trivial you mean works fine w\o the Queens Gambit?

and ty Vanity, heh yea cant really have a game with assassin tankers.

Leave a comment:

• Buccaneer
    replied

FDF here. Have used it since it's first release.

Leave a comment:

• Dslyecxi
    replied

Originally posted by vanity11 View Post
    Fenian - I tried out FDF 1.2 for ya. I really like this sound mod, but it has 1 major problem...
    All the sound issues you've cited are fixed in 1.3/1.31, and it's absolutely trivial to get it to work w/o Queen's Gambit.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X