Quick question on mods...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on mods...

Aight aight...i just installed the TG modpack and its working all right.

But i see that its lacking a sound mod...and im wondering what I must add to my shortcut's Target Path.

I'll install my sound mod the same way I did with the TG one (making a @*modname* folder in my ArmA directory).

Right now my path is the following:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash  [email protected]
    to make my BPARealSound mod working...what should I modify? Should I just put the .pbo files in @TG/AddOns? could it work?

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: Quick question on mods...

That way won't work. Try it like this:

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta; [email protected] -nosplash

If you want to install the soundmod, make a new folder in the ArmA directory, @BPARealSound, and place the modfiles in there. Any server keys go into the Keys folder in the base ArmA directory.

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta; [email protected]; [email protected] -nosplash

That would be your new shortcut after installing the mod/addon the way I told you to. Alternately, you can just drop the .pbo files into the ArmA/@TG/AddOns folder and use the shortcut indicated earlier.
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

NKato's command line isn't correct either. Do it like this:

ArmA\beta\ArmA.exe -nosplash -mod=beta;@mod1;@mod2;...;@modn

So you might end up with -mod=beta;@TG;@BPARealSound for your mod line.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

So it would be like this?
        Code:
        "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@TG;@BPARealSound -nosplash

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Precisely.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
            ArmA\beta\ArmA.exe -nosplash -mod=beta;@mod1;@mod2;...;@modn

So you might end up with -mod=beta;@TG;@BPARealSound for your mod line.
            Thanks Ednos. I need to update the pack. I've tested the latest version of most of the mods included and all seems to work well. The reason there is no sound pack included is that most people cannot agree on which one sounds better. The closest thing was Chammy's, but until that pack is complete our TG pack will not include a sound pack. I use BPA because I like the environmental sounds, also sometimes I use Chammy's beta for weapon sounds and a rip of ModWar for other sounds.
            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I've got my own set of mods I compile into @ednos; I wrote a quick script for adjusting my current set, and it's a lot easier to deal with them all in the same directory. Then Atomic Dog went off and copied me, except he put his in @AtomicDog not because he has a 1337 script, but because he wants to hide all of his cheats. What a loser.
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I thought the Beta needed to be at the back of all the addons. So like this

"C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" [email protected];@ArmAEffects;@TG;@3rd_party;@DBE1;@DMSmo keEffects;beta -nosplash

this works fine for me. and I think it works better. How I dont know but I was told by someone smarter thatn me LOL!!!

Comment

It can be anywhere. I have it at the front or sometimes sandwiched between @Bread1 and @Bread2.
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by JumpArtist View Post
                    I thought the Beta needed to be at the back of all the addons.
                    If I'm not mistaken, the order of addons is important only when you have 2 or more that affect the same game aspect. In that case, they will load in the order in which they appear in the shortcut. For example, if you start the game with two sound mods, the one that loads LAST will be active.

Thread moved to Mod discussion sub-forum.

Comment

and this is why they need to pull a littl more code for the next OFP/ArmA2 and have an in-game screen (as some other games do) where you can enable/disable mods. install them all into a central folder and let the software figure it out from there...i'm still trying to get half of the things to work, only to have the only pvp server that's up and running at the time not allow mods of any kind. grr

<end_rant>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X