SLX for ArmA, public release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLX for ArmA, public release

Solus' SLX mod for ArmA has been released on the BI forums. You can find the topic about it here:
    http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...;t=73192;st=15

The promo video can be found here:
    [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yi9Y5e-hDrI[/media]

It's certainly worth checking out. I don't agree with some of the things he has done, but there are quite a few good ideas thrown into the mix. ACE has received permission from Solus to integrate some of his changes into ACE (such as body dragging) as appropriate.

Re: SLX for ArmA, public release

I like the smoke effects coming out of the chamber after firing and the ground dust-effects.

Comment

Some of the animations were very well done. Look for the tired soldier stretching.

Comment

The body dragging was SO COOL! They did a really good job with those animations.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
          The body dragging was SO COOL! They did a really good job with those animations.
          This (along with several other things) has been brought over into ACE and improved upon. Solus gave us blanket permission to take whatever we want from SLX and port it/improve upon it in ACE. If you see anything else that you think would fit nicely, let me know - we've picked out the best stuff but there's always a chance we overlooked something.

Comment

SLX should be a nice stop-gap then until ACE is out :D
            "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears"

Comment

I heard from a player on a evo server we were playing on that cities look like the whole area is on fire with it but it also slows down your computer significantly...

This true?
              Also can you modify what you want from the mod like truemods?
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I'll try out SLX this weekend and see what other goodies they have to offer.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

It also said that SLX is for SP use only on Armaholic...?
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Holy Crap!!!! knife slash!!! man I jsut set up a quick SP mission and it was REALLY fun to see all the AI ducking and dogding. I even took a guy captive!! Can we have an SLX night on the server? we really need to check its MP compatability... but man it added a bunch of fun!

Comment

ooooohhh I have been waiting for SLX ArmA. Since Solus released it for OFP its been my defacto standard mod of all time.

dl now
                      An nescis, mi fili, quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?

Comment

Originally posted by JumpArtist View Post
                        Holy Crap!!!! knife slash!!! man I jsut set up a quick SP mission and it was REALLY fun to see all the AI ducking and dogding. I even took a guy captive!! Can we have an SLX night on the server? we really need to check its MP compatability... but man it added a bunch of fun!
                        Wait so you install this just like regular and you can play SP as if AI dont... hack??? This the correct concept?

Comment

Originally posted by JumpArtist View Post
                          Can we have an SLX night on the server? we really need to check its MP compatability... but man it added a bunch of fun!
                          Taken from Armaholic download page:

NOTE: SLX is not compatible with dedicated servers yet. You will experience frequent desyncs, crashes, etc. LANs and client-hosted are okay [Para: I'm not sure if it's only dedicated servers who get this problem, so it might happen in any MP environment]

Comment

I downloaded it and played it for a bit. It's absolutely amazing...like an entirely different game. The wounding, AI response, everything is awesome. It's not even like ArmA anymore...and single player is FUN now!! Super immersive gameplay

But I am getting problems on loading the game up and loading saved games. It says I'm missing a SLX_Vehicles or something along those lines. I didn't see that included and I followed instructions correctly. So it sucks I can't load saved games and must restart the entire mission. Also, lotta sound bugs encountered with the campaign mode. I took out my own sound mods but still had problems, mainly in losing all sound for time periods.

Error

**ADDED**

To resolve this and make SP work fully, you need to download and install SLX Vehicles here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2991

Copy those files to your @SLX/AddOns
                            Last edited by vanity11; 04-29-2008, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Played it some more in campaign mode. They tried to make it more realistic with gun sway, especially after popping up and down in cover, but it's made the game almost unplayable. You go to aim and your crosshairs are all over the place, even with a scoped weapon. Simply rolling to the side, going to a crouch, and aiming is extremely difficult.

The weapon recoil is also pretty stiff. It's very, very difficult to play in Single Player mode because of that. All the effects are incredible but I'm not a fan of the recoils and gun sway. It's just too much for an already tough game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X