AI in Warfare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI in Warfare

As the commander you control the Ai slots not taken by players. However, whenever I send these guys somewhere, they only ever take 3 other ai with them. I have a bunch of AI running around my base but never more than 3 go with the AI commander - useless for assaulting a town, etc.
    Jex.

Re: AI in Warfare

Yep same problems have tons of AI just siting around. Then when they capture towns because they don't stay or have enough men with them the RACS take it over again shortly after that.
    "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

After several games of testing i think that the AI players will only buy 4 soldiers. The other AI running around the base seem to be "base AI" and controllable by no-one. They will occupy emplacements and they seem to just respawn on there own.
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCOBRA View Post
        Yep same problems have tons of AI just siting around. Then when they capture towns because they don't stay or have enough men with them the RACS take it over again shortly after that.
        You have to tell them to stay. Once a AI team is given a "capture city" command, they capture than move to the next closest enemy city. After each city is captured, you have to give them the "patrol" command or else they are moving on.

Yes the AI in base can be annoying, but overall the AI under your control forward are pretty good. They are a huge asset once you manipulate the team types and give them good commands. They will listen to what you tell them.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Well the problem is they don't bring any AT with them so if the RACS have a apc in thetown the wipe them out.

Comment

in the control team menu, you can change what type of unit each squad will be with the drop down menu and they will spawn accordingly.

Comment

Here is a good picture of it... Default is always Infantry, with no rockets :(

"The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
                in the control team menu, you can change what type of unit each squad will be with the drop down menu and they will spawn accordingly.
                Except that 'squad' is actually a fireteam. It will consist of the FTL with an M16, x2 AT guys and x1 rifleman and that's it. The old MFCTI AI could buy 11 other soldiers but here we seem limited to 3 under AI control. Has anyone been able to increase this number?
                Jex.

Comment

Another point about the AI I'd like to raise is that the RACS guys are just plain stupid.

- They run past you (like 2m past you) and just kind of wobble around
                  - They stand in the open looking at you
                  - Eventually when they do start to shoot at you, I've never seen someone miss so many times at 10 yards
                  - The RACS train - where 1 guy runs towards you and you shoot him, lather, rinse, repeat. In the end you end up with this hansel and gretal kind of RACS trail.

This isn't an isolated incident either, I managed to take out an entire town by myself the other day dying perhaps once (my brain imploded from a RACS stupidity weapon) and experiencing all of the above.
                  Jex.

Comment

Yeah same problems I usually die when the AI I bring with me draw attention of big guns that I can't take out yet. The most annoying thing I've found is how many RACS are in town cities. I wiped about 10 out thought it was clear after patrolling went back to the hq only to get the town under attack message and there was another whole squad there. got frustrated and shelled the town pretty good.

Comment

The RACS does like to reclaim their cities back I noticed. I do not find that annoying, I actually kind of like it. As a commander it adds one more aspect the the game, defense from counter attacks.

Comment

Yeah if you have other players it's fine but if you are practicing it gets difficult when you have to transit between that town and your HQ

Comment

The AI troops can be fairly useful if you choose their roles and get them going. And I have seen base defense AI groups with 12 troops in it, and also AI groups set to UAZ patrol with three UAZs in the group. They're not terribly bright, but if you set their orders up right they will capture cities, man defenses, patrol in designated areas, and incite diplomatic incidents with the locals.

AI might burn money in different ways or at different rates than players do. The four man AI squads may be due to low initial funds or slow start up, as the AI is not nearly as efficient as human players.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X