How to beat warfare with 2 players and 12 Cobras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to beat warfare with 2 players and 12 Cobras

Fanatik and I decided to have a game of this the other day so we started a server and found ourselves spawning east of cayo. Further east is a feul station and then north of that lies a valley that has a lone hotel in it. As we've used that valley before as a centre for operations, we decided since we were near it to use it again.

So we set up our base and went out to grab a few towns. I had set up some defences looking south towards the valley entrance and strategically placing my TOWs and GL launchers behind hills in case we got attacked. Soon after our 3rd town we got a note that our salvager had salvaged a BRDM - Uh-oh, the SLA have found us!

We rushed back to the base to see that they had been attacking from the south and our base defences were repelling them without taking casualties. After a while we soon noticed that we were invulnerable.

Because of its position, the AI won't bring vehicles down the high edges of the valley so they are forced to drive all the way around and come in from the south. However, because of the terrain, it makes it very easy to set up TOW launchers that can engage first and defend the base.

The SLA grunts however do come down the valley walls but 2 GL launchers and some MG nests take care of them (they only seem to send about 8 at a time).

Once we had accidentally found ourselves in this position, we could literally lie back and watch the SLA bang their head against the proverbial brick wall.

So we decided to grab a Cobra each and have some fun (with 3 towns we had about $30,000 each after about 2-3 hours play). So we take off and the SLA onslaught is never ending. We just hovered above our base shooting at BRDM's, T-72's, Shilka's, UAZ's and BMP's. Then we kind of got into a pattern of one covering whilst the other went to reload (ammo trucks have a limited amount of Cobra ammo we found out - maybe 6 reloads?).

One thing they did do though was point to where their base was. You just follow the armoured convoy back in the direction it comes from and it was just outside paraiso airbase.

In the end we managed to take out their base (the mobile HQ does not show up as a target for helo's to shoot at, which I like). Fanatik had to land, jump out the chopper and take it out with a m136.

It wasn't easy using the choppers though because with their structures still in place, a shilka could suddenly spawn and instantly it was firing at you. In the end I just kamikazed their barracks as I had no ammo and fanatik used FFAR's to take out the last structure.

Once the SLA know where you are they are relentless but our base location was perfect - in fact too perfect to the point where I don't think I'll use it again. There's not much point playing a game where you know your opponent has no chance of winning and I think it warrants letting everyone know about it. I would recommend trying that location once just for the satisfaction of having a kickarse defence - just remember to put your vehicle factories on the west side of the road with the back of it facing east.
    Jex.

Re: How to beat warfare with 2 players and 12 Cobras

Funny you mention that spot. I was playing warfare with a few teammates and I used a repair truck to place a cannon on the large hill to the SE of that location. It has a great overlook of the road and plains from Cayo. The enemy base was just W of Cayo and this single cannon could engage and defend any attempt to move on Dolores. The only reason we lost Dolores was the cannon ran out of ammo before I could return to it.

I don't think people put enough effort into planning in Warfare. Many people feel because they can run around and do their own thing, they do. A little teamwork and planning take this mission to a whole other level. I do not mean to suggest trying to exploit the A.I.'s ability to attack, but in PvP situation more thought should go into planning and location and defense. The repair truck is often not used, but is actually one of the most powerful tools in the mission. The repair truck gives you an instant bunker/fortification anywhere you need it. Great for assault preps.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Aah didn't know the rep truck did that - good to know :)
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
        Aah didn't know the rep truck did that - good to know :)
        You get all the options you get from a camp defense, but a slightly higher cost. Then again, you can move the truck after it is done. So if you have the cash flow you can easily set up rally points between cities that are well defended.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I didn't know about the repair truck, either. Can anyone use it, or just the commander?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X