Server 2 mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2 mods

I was playing server 2 last night, the one with the password! Im just wondering what mods i am allowed to use, and what is recomended to use. I have a few different mods, but all are tured off for the server, and vanilla ArmA looks strange! lol, whats legal?

Re: Server 2 mods

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
    I was playing server 2 last night, the one with the password! Im just wondering what mods i am allowed to use, and what is recomended to use. I have a few different mods, but all are tured off for the server, and vanilla ArmA looks strange! lol, whats legal?
    In server 2, nothing.....
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
      In server 2, nothing.....
      x2....No mods on server 2. I'd be a big advocate for at least some sound mods, but for performance and stability no mods allowed.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
        I'd be a big advocate for at least some sound mods, .
        Me too!

Comment

Yeah, sound mods shouldn't affect server stability at all. Everything is completely local to the players machine.

Comment

What about server 1? Are you allowed to use any client-side mods you wish?

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
              What about server 1? Are you allowed to use any client-side mods you wish?
              Yes you can use whatever....
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I've found that the only mod I absolutely require is the NoVoice mod. Without it, I can't hear the environment or teammates.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yea Im thinking Arma effects and Some sound mods should be only ones allowed on Server 2? Would this be possible?
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Arma Effects is one of the worst on resources. I think maybe just permitting HIfi? would work, really its the sounds that people miss the most.
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                      Arma Effects is one of the worst on resources. I think maybe just permitting HIfi? would work, really its the sounds that people miss the most.
                      ArmAEffects only affects the client machine. There are no server resources or code involved, so it should have no impact on the server.

Everyone has their own favorite sound mod, so I hope if they do allow a sound mod, they allow all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
                        Everyone has their own favorite sound mod, so I hope if they do allow a sound mod, they allow all of them.
                        Couldn't agree more.

I really think before sound mods, the server should have game play enhancements/fixes available. It's already running the 6pack3 (although I prefer the TrueMods), but I would like to see the DMarkwick Smoke grenade viewblock v2 and the durg78 Durg's Vegetation Fix, I don't know how they behave in the server but i think they would be good to have.

As for user addons, there are two that really are important to me (and players with low specs systems) the Kegetys Lowplants v1.1, and the s_Hole fixed range nightvision. The first really gives me more, of the so needed, FPS in the north part of the island, and the second.... I cant play at night without it.

Just my thoughts.
                        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I assume the problem is if they allow one mod they allow all mods? I don't think they can hand pick what client side mods are accepted on the server?

Since it's a password server there might be a rule written stating that only sound mods are acceptable any other mod will result in a kick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X