Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

incredible new island map w/ cool mission...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incredible new island map w/ cool mission...

This map is incredible, and surprisingly no hit to my frames... It looks like Far Cry, lol...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3566

and it comes with a co-op mission made by one of my favorite mission makers w0lle... worth checking out if interested. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: incredible new island map w/ cool mission...

This looks frickin superb!!!!!!!! Must have taken some time to pull together. Good find! If it works well, then we should definitely get this on our servers.
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

another one...

Avgani Iraq Island... a nice close quarters, street fighting map...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Uaho or however its spelled looks really nice. I'll check it out tonight when I come back from work. Maybe we could use it for some private games or something...on the private server. Could change from the many-times visited default Sahrni.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Actually, I have been wondering about this for a while as well. Maybe BigC or someone can answer, but can we just put something like this on the server, and it will work for everyone? Or do all the players have to go and each download stuff to get it to work, and then join the server we set up?

And can something like this just released program help us do anything like that:
          http://www.yomatools.be/index.php?op...tpage&Itemid=1

The Arma Addon Synchronizer
          Server admins can easily create packages that they can store on their servers. (So players can easily connect with the correct mods loaded)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

That make looks awesome, I wouldn't mind having a server for testing/playing with different mods etc. Could this be done without removing the one of the other servers??

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              Actually, I have been wondering about this for a while as well. Maybe BigC or someone can answer, but can we just put something like this on the server, and it will work for everyone? Or do all the players have to go and each download stuff to get it to work, and then join the server we set up?

And can something like this just released program help us do anything like that:
              http://www.yomatools.be/index.php?op...tpage&Itemid=1

The Arma Addon Synchronizer
              Everyone needs to individually download the addon for it to work.

Comment

Both of the maps are loaded on the event server. I cannot test them all out due some conflicts at the moment, but someone wants to give me a time, I will setup the server to test them out...
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'm up for it BigC, and am sure if you PM me the details needed I can get some guys from TS to try it too.

I use the add-on method where you make an @******** folder in your ARAM folder.
                  So what do I need to do to get this running. It says just put them in the folder, but what do I call the folder.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Here is a good link to how to setup mods:
                    Link
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Exactly. I am doing option #2, but reading through the link to the map/island above, I don't see what to call the @********** folder, and the following shortcut fixer.

And can I try this on my own like LAN server? And am I supposed to do something with the MPMissions and Key folder.
                      The ReadMe is no help at all.

EDIT- Got it working in LAN, and got buy but kicked. The Co-op Bridge mission is pretty hard.
                      Last edited by Bamboo; 08-06-2008, 12:07 AM.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Call the folder whatever you want, for instance @islands.

Just make sure you use the same name in the shortcut.

Comment

Wow this looks better than ARMA 2. Is this ready for use of the servers? Me wants.

Comment

Think theirs a way to have it so when people join in they just automaticlly download stuff that stays permanent in their ArmA game.. Thats what happened to me anyways sometime ago I entered in a server that was playing evo and it had WW1 planes, I've been in editor and can create the planes like that for some reason and didnt have to go on line to download anything, (I'm guessing this would take a lot of the servers energy up to have a bunch of people downloading an island at the same time but could do it for vehicles or weapons perhaps?)
                            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

We really should have an Iraqi type campaign with the USMC sometime. That would be fun

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X