The mods discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mods discussion

OK, now that we are able to use mods on the server, i was looking for some good advice, since it has been so long since i have used them. I need recommendations people!

Do i go for:

Chammys sound mod?
    HiFi?
    FDF?

And then there is:

ArmA Effects?
    Or are there other, better effects mods i dont know about? I just NEED pretty Traser!!!!:)

I have watched videos of all the sound mods and just cant decide?! Which do you guys recommend works best?

What about other mods, such as traser, smoke etc? Or true mods? Im kind of a bit lost here, so help appreciated!

Re: The mods discussion

It is a pretty personal thing for the sounds and depends on your ear and computer setup. I would download both Chammy and HiFi and try them both. I just posted in the thread 1 down from here about the HiFi update just released, as well as Arma Affects.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm, HiFi just sounds a bit...weak? I think chammys has it! Does the ArmAEffects mod make the sexy trasers, or do i have to get something else?

Comment

You'll want to get 6th Sense tracers. As to sounds, I prefer FDF myself.

Comment

Anyone try the BPA Realistic Sound Mod?

And I think this is the mod Dis is talking about FDF sound pack

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Here are the pics of trueview i promised Bamboo.

It is fully customisable. I prefer to turn of the ammo count, and have a clean HUD, so small writing on the screen. Also, the aiming reticule can be changed, or removed. It also has its own in game sounds, like wind when you are moving quickly in vehicles, and own rain neffects, which are very good actually. Removes the neon green effect around your unit logos when you are commanding, and edits the radar in vehicles to be cleaner. Better GPS and compass also. You also get a more realistic head movement, and more realistic NVG's

[media]http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/6566/ingameea6.jpg[/media]

[media]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/990/75660007mp5.jpg[/media]

[media]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/741/30782901zr3.jpg[/media]

Notice the smaller text and different aim reticules. The bottom oe also has a different Trueview mod running, that is downloadable seperatly. It is called true1stperson, and moves the weapon over to the centre more, giving a better and more realistic view IMHO. Ayway, here is the readme, try it, i like it.

Originally posted by Readme
            TrueIntro v1.0
            --------------
            - Changed the first few camera angles (Will add more shots when I learn more about camera scripts).
            - Changed the time of day to early morning/sunrise to show off the beauty of the environment.
            ** To be used in conjunction with "TrueUI", but not required.

TrueUI v1.0
            -----------
            - New simple transparent blue UI theme.
            - Modified menu buttons.
            - Highlight colors are now a mellow blue instead of bright neon green.
            - Mission editor now has a more professional/less "kiddy" look from the color changes.
            - New loading screenshots/pictures to show off the "beauty" of the environment.
            ** To be used in conjunction with "TrueIntro", but not required.

TrueInGameUI v1.2
            ------------------
            - Less intrusive/distracting/arcadish InGameUI.
            - No more green background InGame HUD.
            - No more arcade action icons in the center of your screen.
            - Smaller and semi-transparent text for on screen elements.
            - Smaller command system and action menu.
            - Smaller and better position for GPS (toggle on places it on your front panel/dash).
            - Bigger compass for easier direction reading.
            - More transparent radar hud when in some vehicles.
            - Changed the size, position, and transparency of the chat when InGame.
            - No more armor value meter (fuel, speed, and altitude still there but different position).
            - No visible ammo count for handheld weapons (count your ammo or hear the click).
            - (1.1) NEW - Smaller/compact/sleek gear menu.
            - (1.1) NEW - Blue theme to go with "TrueUI".
            - (1.1) FIXED - Hint message readability problem.
            - (1.1) FIXED - Speed meter disappearing bug.
            - (1.1) FIXED - Made action menu a bit brighter/easier to read.
            - (1.2) ADDED - New Ui Icons at the bottom left when you are leading others. The icons are based on the weapon they are holding.

Simple abbreviations :
            ---------------------
            R - Rifleman
            GL - GrenadeLauncher
            AR - AutomaticRifleman
            MG - Machinegunner
            AA - Anti-Air
            AT - Anti-Tank
            MM - Marksman
            SNP - Sniper
            SD - Silenced
            PST - Pistol
            UA - Unarmed

- (1.2) ADDED - Thicker (easier to see) cursor circle for leader and selecting team members.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Commented out font type so that the new ArmA patch fonts will work.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Commented out compass size so that the new ArmA patch size will work.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Increased text size slightly.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Increased transparency of the blue hint background color for easier readability.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Increased transparency of the radar compass for easier readability.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Color of text back to red when firing a weapon and when empty.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Armor meter is back for air vehicles.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Full Size Gear Menu is back, but still keeping the sleek transparent look.
            - (1.2) FIXED - Changed the action menu selection color from white to blue for selection ease.

TrueHeadMovement v1.1
            -----------------------
            - Realistic Head Movement Freedom.
            - Unlocked Gunner Views and TurnOut Views.
            - (1.0) FIXED - A few gunner turnout issues in opfor armor.
            - (1.1) NEW - Now its possible to move your head around when gunning a static weapon.
            - (1.1) FIXED - access-readonly issue.
            - (1.1) ADDED - the static weapons from 1.14

TrueFov-Accurate v1.1
            -----------------------
            - New Responsive, Smooth, & Consistent FOV / Zoom Settings For Your Virtual Eye.
            - Increased eye "zoom" to match as close to real-life size on a 19" monitor as possible (Actually tested).
            - Increased "zoom out" for more peripheral vision / quick scanning.
            - (1.0) FIXED - Bug that was in the original game as well (Zoom/Ironsight problem when switching ROF>grenade>ROF).
            - (1.1) NEW - Now its possible to move your head around when gunning a static weapon.
            - (1.1) FIXED access-readonly issue.
            - (1.1) ADDED the static weapons from 1.14

TrueFov-Original v1.1
            -----------------------
            - New Responsive, Smooth, & Consistent FOV / Zoom Settings For Your Virtual Eye.
            - Same Fov settings that were in the original TrueView.
            - (1.0) FIXED - Bug that was in the original game as well (Zoom/Ironsight problem when switching ROF>grenade>ROF).
            - (1.1) FIXED access-readonly issue.
            - (1.1) ADDED the static weapons from 1.14

TrueMovementSound v1.1
            -------------------------
            - Added dynamics to movement sounds to all surfaces (Walk is softest, Jog is louder, and Sprint is loudest). The softer walk now gives you a sense of caution and stealth.
            - Other various movement sounds adjusted (crawl, climb, get up, get down, ect...)
            - Rain and breath volume lowered to match these new volume levels.
            - (1.1) FIXED - Commented out breath volume since it was too soft after a patch.

TrueCrosshair-Cadet v1.2
            -------------------------
            - Changed all weapon crosshairs to a four-dot less precise/general aim system.
            - Changed grenade aim system to allow for easier aim.
            - Made crosshairs and cursors semi-transparent.
            - (1.1) FIXED - Made crosshairs slightly more visible when moving.
            - (1.2) ADDED - New Crosshairs for HeavyMGuns, RocketPods, and Missiles.

TrueCrosshair-Veteran v1.2
            ---------------------------
            - Disabled all weapon crosshairs except grenade system, lock-on system, and air aiming system.
            - Changed grenade aiming system to allow for easier aim.
            - Disabled target box, but kept the lock-on ability although changing it to a circle.
            - Made crosshairs and cursors semi-transparent.
            - (1.1) FIXED - Made crosshairs slightly more visible when moving.
            - (1.2) ADDED - New Crosshairs for HeavyMGuns, RocketPods, and Missiles (Only gunner will see if in a 2+ seat vehicle).
            - (1.2) FIXED - AH6 now has crosshair for M134

TrueNVGoggles v1.0
            --------------------
            - Slightly larger view then the default NVG's for less disorientation.
            - More fade on the outer edge of the cone for a blur effect.

Comment

I use True, Six Tracers, ArmA Effects, and currently HiFi...he added some interesting ambient sounds in the latest edition.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

I'm using HiFi though not the recent release, will need to try it. I also use the ArmAeffects. I have used the trueview in the past and have mixed feelings on it. I love it for the most part but find that sometimes, as an infantryman, I don't spot the enemy as easily with the "zoomed out" view. I do enjoy the look for the most part, I should really give it a try again.

Comment

I use Chammy's. I tried an amalgamation of every sound mod out there (AACS, AAFM, BPM, CSM, FDF, HiFi), but it sounded terrible. Chammy's is growing on me, but I really miss the lack of vehicle/game sounds. Weapon sounds are now consistently realistic, but Humvees still sound like they're hybrid-electric engine pansies!!

I'm currently using Six.eu tracers, MaddMatt's Arma Effects, Chammy's Sound Mod, and a handful of smaller mods, including the insanely amazing GJM Sight Adjustment Mod coupled with ND Scope Fix.

Sight Adjustment lets me adjust mil/MOA sighting for all weapons (although it's only practical on weapons equipped with mil targeting), and I can now consistently hit up to 1200m with an M24. Neat!

Those screenshots of TrueView look interesting, but I'm not sure how much I like the sounds of some of those features... those FOV changes sound like I'd be zoomed out too far to do any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post

Those screenshots of TrueView look interesting, but I'm not sure how much I like the sounds of some of those features... those FOV changes sound like I'd be zoomed out too far to do any good.

It's a blessing and a curse for me. In CQB the zoomed out view is amazing as your vesion range is wide allowing for better situational awarnes. You can also walk with your weapon up and still see a good deal. Bonus was driving and flying you can see great as well. The main problem I had was once you leave the CQB environment it was difficult sometimes to see infantry, sometimes even armour, at range.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                      I'm currently using Six.eu tracers, MaddMatt's Arma Effects, Chammy's Sound Mod, and a handful of smaller mods, including the insanely amazing GJM Sight Adjustment Mod coupled with ND Scope Fix.

Sight Adjustment lets me adjust mil/MOA sighting for all weapons (although it's only practical on weapons equipped with mil targeting), and I can now consistently hit up to 1200m with an M24. Neat!
                      I looked into some of those Sight adjustment, range finder and scope fix mods Scope, do they work out ok? I will give them a go later anyway, but do you recomend?! Are they stable, i hate mods that bugger up in game!

Comment

Here is a currently running thread about which is the best sound mod over at the BI forums

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=70;t=69289

They make some good points to help you decide

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

personally I like modern warfare because its a lot like chammys but has more bass so anyone that enjoyed chammys and has a good bass should try out modern warfare
                          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                            I looked into some of those Sight adjustment, range finder and scope fix mods Scope, do they work out ok? I will give them a go later anyway, but do you recomend?! Are they stable, i hate mods that bugger up in game!
                            I refuse to use any "bugged" mods, but that doesn't mean what I use is perfect. GJM's Sight Adjustment was designed for single player, and so it doesn't work 100% of the time during MP. I've found that maybe 75% of the time it will work in server 2, and the other quarter is spent with it completely deactivated. Doesn't cause any problems, just doesn't work 24/7.

The range-finder mod works perfectly in single-player, but that's because your client is using Extended Eventhandlers. If the server isn't running Ex. Event (Server 2 doesn't), it won't display range-to-target, etc. Again, it does not bug anything up, it just doesn't work, either.

The scope fix mod is a must-have. It absolutely makes the game feel "better", especially the RCO/ACOG sights!! Unfortunately, it also can hinder playability (the M24, M107 scopes are very limiting for POV, like real life), but it's a small sacrifice to pay for realistic optics. Works 100% in MP (including the M107 zoom, which is handy).

Comment

One quirky thing I think is related to the HiFi sound mod is your hearing is affected by close weapons fire.

Last night I was pinned down in a small depression, calling out contacts coming up behind my squad. My squad engaged the enemy squad on the hill above my position. It was amazing with all the traces and bullet cracks but after all that fire so close to me I couldn't hear anything in game but radio comms. It then returned after about 3-5 minutes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X