• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XAM: Extreme Arma Mod

We need to get this mod going on a TG server ASAP :icon_eek:

Homepage:
    http://xam.xtremlabs.fr/us/index.html

I did a forum search and am surprised no one has posted about it before. It was just updated to version 1.5, and there is a patch you need for it. There is also a version of domination for it as well it looks like. Check out these videos in the links:

Jet Flyby:
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1758

Calling in arty, video is more than a year old, but very interesting:
    http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=8589#8589

Vids from version 1.3 (it is now up to 1.5)
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1756

More:
    http://xam.xtremlabs.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39

and there are more out there.

Maybe we could put it up on server 1 for a night and give it a go.
    Domination! XAM Updated

Here is the patch:
    Extreme Arma Mod Patch 1.5.01

Quote:
    websnake :
    Oh one more question Is everything in this mod compatible in MP?

Yes. If you are running XAM and get on a non-XAM mission you will have the XAM experience....but others won't. Which means you can place claymores but your opponents can't.

Now if you make a mission using XAM specialty items, i.e. the special snipers, and others. Then non-XAM people cannot join the mission.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: XMA: Extreme Arma Mod

I distinctly recall this mod being banned from various servers such as simhq and call911 because it would cause an eventual server crash. Was a good while ago, so the situation may be different now.

Comment

We can try it on a limited basis, but yes in the past it really put a hurting on servers and crashed them.
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Yeah I remember that this mod used to cause various crash on servers.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

I ran it for a while in Dom. and then all night with the guys on beta's map. Will post some pics/vids in the morning.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Downloading this now, i will give it a spin in single player, see what all the fuss is about!:)

Comment

Just gave it a little spin, i quite like it. The souds are good, as is the tracer, and the explosio effects....wow, they do look better than ArmA Effects. What i foud interestig is it has 4 of its own versios of Domination which could be nice to play, as they have proper working arty, F-16, A-10 with Cluster munitions, new weapons etc. This could e quite fun, although i realise it is reliant in others to get the mod.

Comment

Jeepo, that is why I think we should give it a go on like a Sat. or Sun. special day. A round or 2 of domination with it to see how it goes. Some of the effects are really cool, like when you are running and hit the deck, it kind of knocks the wind out of you and messes up your screen. I will post a pic below. And when you are underfire, there is some kind of suppression effect that really freaks you out. You really know when you are getting shot at.

I do have to say I like some of the sounds, but not all. Some of the gun sounds are weak to me. Might just have to deal with it for the other pro's are really good.

For instance the breath holding is a lot more real. You actually start hearing breathing effects if you hold too long, and holding your breath lets you zoom in on the binoculars.

There are others I'm not remembering right now.

Opening screen:

Loading:

Smaller interface:

Radio in chopper:

Getting the wind knocked out of me:

Skins from beta's mission last night:

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I wouldnt mind testing it with you and jeepo and see how it goes. Maybe the server crash issue as been adressed in previous release we'll have to check it out...or dig into the release logs.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Was their any lag while you guys were running it? In the artil video it looked like their was a bit of lag, also heard of crashes to desktop when in the attack helos running the heat sensors...
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Remember that the videos were from older versions. I think I did take a FPS hit when things really started blowing up, but part of that was because a guy in the Harrier was doing straffing runs and there were tons of burning things everywhere.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I ran with XAM last night, and will do some more today. I like the sounds quite a lot (I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle...), and the explosions and fire and quite nice. Getting the "wind knocked out of you" is still a little primative (just the same old overlay every time), but I did appreciate the fade to black when wounded, and the new "taking a bullet" sounds.

Lots of scope in this mod, though. Makes me wonder what the mod Dyslexci's crew is testing will be like.

Comment

Just downloaded the 1.501 patch off of Armaholic, anyone know if I need the 1.5 or a previous version or does it mean 1.501 patch as in full install? (It was 130MB i think, or something around that)

Edit: Ah damn just found the answer to my own question... 1.5 download is here btw http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1758

and patch is in Bambs first post,
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I'm gonna set up a XAM server for a couple hours jump in if you wan't

Just look for Cueball's XAM server
                            Arma name: Cueball, -19D-Cueball, or L.Cpl. Vowels
                            PR name: Sleeper68, Cu3b4ll
                            2142:sleeper68

Comment

I tried 1.4 out it was pretty cool, I guess I'll check out the new update.
                              "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X