Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb question using mines, satchels, etc

Well...

One more newb question. I can't seem to get the mines armed or the satchel charges to stay on the ground or the road. Is there an instruction booklet on how to set and arm various items?

I didn't see it in the game manual I have.

Thanks,
    slo

Re: newb question using mines, satchels, etc

Just roll the mouse wheel and use the "place mine/satchel" option and is done. To blow the satchels a new option appears in the wheel menu after you placed them.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try...

Slo

Comment

I dropped a mine in the road and the vehicles drove right over it.

I dropped 3 satchel charges and drove away. When you drop a mine or satchel, do you have to arm it in some way? Then I left the vehicle and waited.

I kept hitting the mouse wheel waiting for a choice to set off a charge and it never appeared. Only weapons switch changes.

I have no patches and this is a steam game. Do I need some kind of patch?

btw, the bad guys are incredible shots and their spotting is unbelievable.

slo...

Comment

1. Mines: try running over the mine with a tank.

2. Stay within about 3-500m of your satchels, as when you get too far away you cannot use remote detonation. You may also, when setting the charges, timer them in 30 sec increments.

3. I don't know if you need patches or not. What version are you running?

4. AI intelligence/skill depends on a number of factors.
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Did you use the mouse wheel menu? Because they will not work if you just drop them from the gear screen.

If you did use the mouse wheel menu, I don't know what's wrong.
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Thanks for taking the time.

I've been playing the convoy scenario.

I used both the mouse wheel and the Gear screen to drop satchels. I did not see any option for timing satchels.

I have put the mine near the goal marker and set the satchels about 20m apart towards the convoy. I have then positioned myself close, 40m, and far away 140m from the goal - which makes the satchels further away. I'll try to get closer.

Is the exact procedure for setting and arming documented anywhere? It seems I must be missing something obvious/simple.

As far as enemy accuracy, I am prone under a tree on the hill overlooking the road and don't move or fire after using the rocket to take out the lead vehicle. Their inf dismounts and one of them hits me within a few seconds. Yeah, this is too complex to describe so, it just seemed a bit over effective.

thx

Comment

The enemy AI is both amazing and profoundly stupid. :row__593: Their "vision" isn't blocked by vegetation or tree branches, keep that in mind. They also can calculate your postion based on shots fired, like your rocket. If you have the time, you can actually shot, move, and then see the AI go to where you once were. Thats why its always a good idea to have cover in game, not just concealment.

However the AI at long range are stupid. If your outside of 400m approx. You can stand on the top of a hill shouting at them, while running in circles and they will ignore you. Once you shoot they will react but still won't engage you until within 200m-300m.

When you are placing your satchel do you scroll with the mouse wheel, select place satchel, and then hit the enter key? If you do this the player should look like he is doing something with his hands for a few seconds. Once placed you use the mouse wheel again, scroll to touch of satchel and then hit the enter key again - boom.

Originally posted by Slopoke57 View Post
                Thanks for taking the time.

I've been playing the convoy scenario.

I used both the mouse wheel and the Gear screen to drop satchels. I did not see any option for timing satchels.

I have put the mine near the goal marker and set the satchels about 20m apart towards the convoy. I have then positioned myself close, 40m, and far away 140m from the goal - which makes the satchels further away. I'll try to get closer.

Is the exact procedure for setting and arming documented anywhere? It seems I must be missing something obvious/simple.

As far as enemy accuracy, I am prone under a tree on the hill overlooking the road and don't move or fire after using the rocket to take out the lead vehicle. Their inf dismounts and one of them hits me within a few seconds. Yeah, this is too complex to describe so, it just seemed a bit over effective.

thx

Comment

Also note that the action menu is contextual - look straight at the satchel after placing it to get the 30 second timer, deactivate etc. options. Just being close to something won't give you the possible actions, you have to center the object in your view as well.

Comment

ok. thanks. I think I'm starting to get an idea. I'm not seeing any hands doing anything. I'll try some other placement techniques till I see the hands. I can just try this at the start till I get it going.

Thanks,
                    slo

Comment

NEVER use the gear screen to drop satchels, you can only set satchels by either cycling through all the weapons until you get the Satchel Charge in your HUD (default key is F) then just aim on the ground and fire (Left Mouse). To set the timer you have to basically be on top of the thing and scroll through the action menu (default middle mouse). The option to detonate Satchel Charges also appears in the action menu, but dont run off too far (a good ditch or big rock will protect you enough). Mines are pretty useless for the most part, too tricky to place, and doesn't work on most of the vehicles, sticking to satchels is your best bet. Hope this helps.
                      sigpic
                      Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...