Chinook mod released.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinook mod released.

Posted over at ArmA Info (and ArmAholic I'm sure ;)).
    http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...=addons&id=633

There are perhaps other Shinook mods, but this looks tight! And they have variations too, OD Green, Beige and Black. I think this will go great with the new ideas and missions proposed for the servers.

What do you think?

Re: Chinook mod released.

yeah harp too a look at it in mission editor ,very good a few bugs with texturing but he did say that on the armaholic forums,i believe he is going to release a second version soon!
    WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

We have the RAF Chinook MOD already loaded on the server, which is fully functional. We are just waiting for a couple missions with it and it will go live!!
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Is there some sort of somewhat comprehensive list of the mods on the server currently?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
          We have the RAF Chinook MOD already loaded on the server, which is fully functional.
          ...Why has noone made a mission with this already I wanna fly a chinook:P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
            ...Why has noone made a mission with this already I wanna fly a chinook:P

All in due time. I know some are feverishly working on a couple. Hopefully soon they will be done.

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
            Is there some sort of somewhat comprehensive list of the mods on the server currently?
            We have about 8 loaded, but not all are running. The only ones at the moment that are active are the island MODs. As for the other ones, there is the Osprey, Artillery, AMP and a couple other ones. We are looking at one or two skin MODs as well, it is all depending on what people want to write missions for.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
              We are looking at one or two skin MODs as well, it is all depending on what people want to write missions for.
              If you are looking for replacement models for the default US soldier, I suggest that you take a look at this one:
              http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1185

As for replacing the USMC units, you should take a look at the following:
              http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1093

i've tested out various models from different people in the community, and so far i've found both of these to be the best. Textures are great, models are crazy and there is no glitches/texture bugs.

But most of all, they're not performance hogs. I'm running a bunch of retexture mods ( 4 if im not mistaken) and I havent noticed a decrease in my system's performance.

If people are looking at replacing the SLA models, we could consider this re-texture of the existing model:
              http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1712

its re-textured after the Soviet's federation units and comes with a pack of weapons made for the models.

As for 3rd party models, im also running the FFA Insurgents pack
              http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3170

There 6 different models of insurgents. They're all looking great. And it comes pretty handy since you have traditional insurgents in civilian clothing and you have the more extremists (with baclavas, headbands, etc...)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

Wow, love the USMC and US Army models, they look amazing, Grambo was prasing these as well, I might give it a shot. As for the insurgents, they are a must for Afghani map :P

Comment

Now all we need is people to get missions up and running...I think we should all cheer on the mission makers "come on guys you can do it" :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                  So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Working on a mission that involves RAF Chinooks, the real artillery mod and ideally a skin mod, hopefully British? could someone provide a link to the skin mod that's going to be on the server?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
                      Working on a mission that involves RAF Chinooks, the real artillery mod and ideally a skin mod, hopefully British? could someone provide a link to the skin mod that's going to be on the server?
                      I don't think we have gotten that far to determine which one is the end all. I think we probably try one or two out and see if they are worth it.

Comment

Fair enough, looks like the US Army will be operating the RAF CH-47 for the time being, I'm sure the royal air force won't mind.

Comment

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1397
                          WIP update on the CH-47. Looks impressive, animations, sounds and scripts seem to fit the model. But yeh, theres a video.

Comment

Is Durg's veg fix no longer running on the server?
                            Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X