3rd Inf Training Map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Inf Training Map

Just downloaded it and tried it out, very nice work.

I think it is exactly the kind of thing TG needs for training purposes.

2 "Drill Instructors" can spawn a variety of units anywhere on the map. They can also move players.

Simple few clicks and you can have an entire town's buildings fortified with enemy infantry.

Very nice piece of work, think it should be put on the server ASAP.

Link:
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3984

Re: 3rd Inf Training Map

Oh great. Exactly what we've been looking for. Lets get this up and running biggie so we can run training nights.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Yay doublepost.

I just landed on this while browsing ArmAholic's front page.
      http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=3999

Could be interesting as well.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

I like this mission, and I think it would be a valuable resource to the server.
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

wow that one is pretty awesome beta... If it isnt on the server tonight when I get home.. Ill put it on there.
          Dizlor

Comment

I was just coming in to post this also!
            They both look good. The 2nd one mentioned above says that it even works on other islands, so this might be perfect to get some play going on the new islands on server 1.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

excellent map,very sorely needed,this brings another dimension to the game,no more Rambo, or should i say Grambo, a total 100% for putting this on the server,it's a definate.
              WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

I tried this out briefly yesterday and the potential seems great, It just seemed a little lacking in instructions as to how to do what?

I took a Drill instructor role and could spawn vehicles at base, but could not find any way to spawn enemy units or things in the field as the three options to spawn things only seemed to work at the airfield.

What was I missing?

BD1
                BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

There was like 2 lines instruction, not very good.

You click and drag on the map, that creates a box. The point you clicked is where whatever is spawned, the point you dragged to is where it will go (if it can, ie: MGs won't move).

Few other things you can do with it, take a look at the scroll list.

Comment

The Merlin system by Dr Eyeball, that Xmaster linked, seems like it would fit the bill perfectly. I haven't tried the 3rd Inf one, but based on the description, it doesn't offer even a fraction of what Merlin does. Merlin's not too hard to learn, either, and it has tons of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                      The Merlin system by Dr Eyeball, that Xmaster linked, seems like it would fit the bill perfectly. I haven't tried the 3rd Inf one, but based on the description, it doesn't offer even a fraction of what Merlin does. Merlin's not too hard to learn, either, and it has tons of power.
                      I agree.

Merlin is much more versatile. It is more complex, but it would make for a better dynamic mission creator I think.

Comment

Used the 3rd INF training mission briefly last night with Jeepo and kit Pig as my Guinea Pigs and have to say, once I got into the controls it is excellent for creating certain scenarios and demonstrating how to take certain positions etc.

Effectively a Live Fire Excercise.

Have not tried Merlin yet, but will do as |TG-22nd| training nights will be starting soon!
                        :D

I smell some small team tournaments coming soon and the Triple R's are not quite "match fit" yet! ;)

BD1
                        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Any chance we could get a training night some time soon on one of these? I know Spyder said he'd be leading a training session for fireteams and squads but hasn't stated a date. This sounds like a good tool to use for that training session.
                          |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                          TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Someone should re-tool this to include the ACE weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by WaterIsPoison View Post
                              Someone should re-tool this to include the ACE weapons.
                              Merlin one?
                              I maybe could do it....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...