Avgani Update , Afghan Village Public Beta Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avgani Update , Afghan Village Public Beta Released

Just like the title says, Opteryx released an update for his Avgani map and a public beta for his awaited Afghan Village Map.

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: Avgani Update , Afghan Village Public Beta Released

Agh, beat me to it again!
    Looks awesome, like the sound of Afghani Village. I'd say it's necessary it's updated in the server. Making a great map batter, you just can't lose.

Comment

I say we should put on a timelimit for players to download and get these islands loaded up into their arma, once time limit is up we just play missions on these islands for a week straight.. That is if there are missions for them yet,

and on another note how do you install them into your arma.. do you need to put the [email protected] stuff in your target under shortcut or can you just copy and paste them into some folder?
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I use the modfolder method.

All my custom maps are placed in a @Maps folder in the ArmA directory and run it just like i run any other mod (with the command line)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
          and on another note how do you install them into your arma.. do you need to put the [email protected] stuff in your target under shortcut or can you just copy and paste them into some folder?
          1st rule, never place any 3rd party addons into your "Addons" folder.

That being said, steps are as follows;
          a) Create a folder within your ArmA directory.
          i.e. "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA"
          b) Name the folder with a name that you can remember.
          i.e. "@ACE"
          c) Within that folder, create a subfolder named "Addons"
          i.e. "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@ACE\Addons"
          d) Place all relevant addons into that Addons folder.
          e) Open your ArmA shortcut, select properties.
          f) Under "Target" you should add "@ACE" at the end it.
          i.e. "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@ACE"
          g) Save or select OK.
          h) Optional: You may add these parameters for smoother/quicker game launch.
          h-1. -nosplash : for bypassing the intro.
          h-2. -maxmem=1056: for memory allocation/management. Note that this figure is for 2GB RAM configuration. Always multiply by 512.

Hope this helped.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

followed your instructions lowspeed and i cant get it to run,used many mods before no probs???? :(
            stuck on this

Comment

someone needs to make an exe installer of all the custom islands that TG wants to use, that way its a nobrainer to install and will see alot more users able to play like this.

basically need an exe just like the ACE Islands pack, but with avgani, afghan village and possibly schmerfalden included.

Comment

I just DL'd this last night and it's been so long since I played, I'm not 100% on how to install it so I'll post here how I think it should be done and maybe someone can say if i'm right or wrong...

Create folder @Avgani
                In that create Addons
                In that put the following

avgani.pbo
                afghan_village.pbo
                opxbuildings.pbo
                opxmisc.pbo
                opxplants.pbo
                opxroads.pbo

Is that essentially it? Where I'm getting perplexed is the signing keys or what - do I need them or is the above all i need to do to get on TG server?

Thanks,
                Jex.

Comment

Jex Hi,

You need the ACE Islands pack, which creates another @ACEIslands folder to use after the @ACE folder. What I then did was place the afghan village files and the Avgani files with all the OPX files and sign keys into the @ACEIslands, addons folder. That way all the islands including the Opteryx maps are all in the same place.

It works perfectly and leaves you with just two addons in your start string, ACE and ACE Islands.

BD1
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                    someone needs to make an exe installer of all the custom islands that TG wants to use, that way its a nobrainer to install and will see alot more users able to play like this. Basically need an exe just like the ACE Islands pack, but with avgani, afghan village and possibly schmerfalden included.
                    Someone IS working on it but with something more than just the islands.

Just going to take a little while to sort out. If you fancy making an Exe file, I am sure many would be happy to use it.

BD1
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Just thought I'd mention this, i was on last night and we wanted to play afghan village, the voted in admin thought it didn't work so everyone went to the other server. I stayed on and checked it out. Afghan does work but it has one issue with the mission, you can't place items in your pack. Other than that, it's a cool mission.
                      |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                      TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                        Jex Hi,

You need the ACE Islands pack, which creates another @ACEIslands folder to use after the @ACE folder. What I then did was place the afghan village files and the Avgani files with all the OPX files and sign keys into the @ACEIslands, addons folder. That way all the islands including the Opteryx maps are all in the same place.

It works perfectly and leaves you with just two addons in your start string, ACE and ACE Islands.

BD1
                        great thanks BD :)
                        Jex.

Comment

I have come to add opxplants pbo's into my aceislands addons folder and in that it has a sub folder called mLODs that has a load of .p3d files. Do I just copy these into the addons folder direct or do I copy the mLODs folder into the addons?
                          Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                            I use the modfolder method.

All my custom maps are placed in a @Maps folder in the ArmA directory and run it just like i run any other mod (with the command line)
                            Would you be able to show what your folder looks like with the @maps set up. I'm trying the same set up but I'm not sure it's working. I'm not sure what needs to go where. At present I created an @Maps folder and put in an Addions folder with pbo's in it but where do key folders need to go. I'm trying to put these two maps in and the Uhao map.

I could try Blackdogs method but would prefer this method.

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

.bikey files are only for servers.
                              .bisign files stay in the same folder as the pbo's.
                              The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X