ACE Island Pack v1.00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE Island Pack v1.00

You can find the new ACE Island Pack here.

It includes a ton of islands from the OFP era. Definitely worth checking out.

# Bohemia Interactive and Codemasters:

* ACE Island Abel
    * ACE Island Cain
    * ACE Island Eden
    * ACE Island Noe
    * ACE Island OFP World

# Phaeden:

* ACE Island Clarkisland
    * ACE Island Elephanthead
    * ACE Island Gaia
    * ACE Island Highlands
    * ACE Island Isladestella
    * ACE Island Lakemartin
    * ACE Island SamakHills

# Pierre W.:

* ACE Island Canyonda
    * ACE Island Nabukonodexa

# Reaper:

* ACE Island Messor
    * ACE Island Occasus

# Barn:

* ACE Island Torment_valley

# Brent a.k.a Buggs:

* ACE Island Trinity

# Coolhand:

* ACE Island Havelte

# cowardheart:

* ACE Island Anilym

# HeinBloed:

* ACE Island Freya

# Jakerod:

* ACE Island Avignon

# Miles Teg:

* ACE Island 73Eastings

# Mr Bean:

* ACE Island Sandy_rocks

# Narpal:

* ACE Island Ivtiliac

# Schuschs:

* ACE Island Saru

# Scipio:

* ACE Island Atlantis_gold

# Skalpel:

* ACE Island Virovitica

# Smiley_Nick:

* ACE Island Sontonagh_district

# ThruYerStErNuM:

* ACE Island Uwar_desert

# Waterman:

* ACE Island Skye

# Wouter:

* ACE Island Leusderheide

Re: ACE Island Pack v1.00

Oh more Islands, nice one

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Oh great.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

ACEIP v1.10 is out, are the servers updating to it?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=70;t=77286

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

It may get loaded, but not top on the list. The DL link is jacked as well as the ACE updater is not picking up this change, that will slow progress of people getting the 1 gig file.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'm guessing the big file size is caused by it not being packed in 7zip yet. v1.0 was 400mb so I cant see it being that much larger.

Comment

OK, after some testing... This will NOT go on the server for a bit!!

A bunch of the maps the HDT (High Def Terrain) have jacked up textures, I also got a bunch of CTDs (I never get CTDs from ArmA usually) when I loaded certain ones and on top of all that, I noticed you will not be able to properly import old missions into the new HDT format map, they changed some actual features (i.e. land objects). I understand the effort to remove objects for streamlining but still...

Not to be nitpicking, but some of the maps looks like they were made by some elementary school kid with a crayon. There is nothing to the design of them and offer little to anything as far as cool content. Some were decent, but the majority is not worth the hours of downloading and heartache from all the crashes. And yes I went back to the 1.00 and everything worked fine again.

Really disappointed in this update so far, especially from a mission creator''s aspect.

This patch is far from ready for release in my opinion. Maybe one of you all can find a way to get this working where it is stable and worth the effort...
              Last edited by TheBigC; 02-12-2009, 02:05 AM.
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

The crashes probably are caused by that you don't use Very High terrain detail, as instructed near the download link? Non the less I don't think my computer can handle very high terrain detail, so personally it'd be a no go.

Comment

We will try it on the test server to see if there are anything added as far as improvements to the existing islands. But not on the regular servers for now....

But why do I need HDR on a island that is a dessert or has no trees? Seems kinda a waste to me. Maybe I just tired tonight and simply not int he mood for retro maps right now..
                  Last edited by TheBigC; 02-12-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

FYI Here is a list of what they did for 1 gig:

* CHANGED:
                    o 50k demo islands for HDT. Only 1500m VD. Motorbike instead of A10. Starting in the center of the island.
                    o Improved overall texture setting for HDT versions. No HQ used. Disabled clutter.
                    o Trunk color from grey to brown [by Rg].
                    o Move cfgWorldList definition to an external file to allow simple hiding of islands in an island list (editor).
                    o Different default texture for all islands. Used the new ones as well as added more variation by using the former good ones.
                    o Improved: using standard arma island textures now instead of a copy (DRY). Removed no longer needed files and update configuration files.
                    o Separate pbo for the island icons with config.
                    o path of the userconfig files from "\Arma\dta\userconfig\.." to "\ArmA\#userconfig\..".

* FIXED:
                    o Added dependency to ACE island rvmat.
                    o Added intros for HDT islands.
                    o CfgWorld naming used by the missions for CWC islands.
                    o height of the "o\hous\ace_domek_radnice".
                    o forest vegetation now blocks tanks.
                    o crossroads. (skye)
                    o height of the footbridge. (freya)

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                      The crashes probably are caused by that you don't use Very High terrain detail, as instructed near the download link? Non the less I don't think my computer can handle very high terrain detail, so personally it'd be a no go.
                      BigC allot of people don't have PC's good enough to handle High terrain detail, as myself, please don't upload this pack to the server... pretty please...
                      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I think the high terrain detail fix if you experience crashes has been there from v1, so if you are fine with that one, this shouldn't be any different AFAIK.

I play at normal, 3100 in distance and have not had a crash yet.

Comment

I have the patch loaded on our FTP. Go ahead a play with it and decide for yourself...

Ace Islands 1.10

Comment

Blah. I am getting "cannot open this program because of license enforcement system has been tampered with or has become corrupt" on the servers.

That was the final straw. No ACE 1.10......

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy,Feb. 12 2009,15:06
                              Originally posted by sparks50,Feb. 12 2009,14:58
                              Can the pack be further compressed? v1.0 is 400MB but v1.1 is almost one gigabyte?
                              Nope. The PBO's together are now 2700MB, while v1.0 it was 895MB.
                              The why is left to the ACEIP team I suppose :)
                              900MB download seems very much seeing as the missions on the servers for now only are using less than a 1/4 of the current islands.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X