RTS control of enemy AI assets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTS control of enemy AI assets?

Could someone make a mod that would allow one or more players to control AI assets using a setup somewhat like an RTS?

My thought is that instead of having pure Co-op and fighting against dumb or predictable AI a system could be created that would allow a small number of players to fight as the opfor, but by controlling all opfor assets from an RTS style interface. It would allow you to have large numbers of AI troops controlled by an intelligent player, while still allowing most players to be blufor.

Eitherway, just a thought.

Re: RTS control of enemy AI assets?

I think you just described ArmA Warfare :), It's a mission that BIS released with patch 1.14 (I think) that as exactly what you asked for.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Re: RTS control of enemy AI assets?

Command Engine X works too and has zero compatibility issues with ACE that I've encountered.

The most units I've controlled in a playable state was about 180, a Marine rifle company broken into reinforced rifle platoons. There is a bit of scripting necessary to get the units ordered in CEX, but if I managed to do it, anyone can. Even better, you can set it so that one player is the overall commander, two players are under him running individual squads and the final player is controlling a team (something like a AGS30 or something).

The downside is that I'm somewhat sure it won't work unless players (on least the side being controlled) have it running in their addons folder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X