Mission idea, insurgents vs special forces pvp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission idea, insurgents vs special forces pvp

25 insurgents vs 5 special forces. Afghan Village map. Its nighttime and very dark. the insurgents has no NV or flares.

A team of 5 special forces has to reach a area on the map, and the insurgents has to try to find them and stop them, while guarding the area.

So the idea is to even out the advantage of NV with numbers, thus creating a new kind of tactical play.

Would be cool to have some feedback on this idea. Perhaps missions around this concept has already been made?

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Re: Mission idea, insurgents vs special forces pvp

That sounds quite interesting. As long as the SFs don't get silenced weapons I think this could be a quite fun one.

One big problem will be not to get the defense bored to death before shot though, if distances and maneuver space on the map is too big.

Comment

Er......a little insight...

Not so long ago we had mission called Operaton Calm Storm that Beta and I made....it was dark.....I mean not being able to see the hand in front of your face DARK!

Yet vehicles had headlights, more than enough flares to go around and still.......it took nearly an hour sometimes for SL's to get their teams into one of the main AO's.

During all of this, there were often complaints that they couldnt see.....this is stupid..... why cant I have NVG's...etc etc etc.

I think that a highly skilled group of players can carry off such a mission pretty easily, but when you get a lot of public involved...things dont go so well.

So the idea in principle is good, but you may have to let them either have a full moon or lots of camp fires if no NVG's are to be used....

;)

BD1
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I enjoyed Calm Storm immensly, nothing more fun than trying to navigate at night in the dark with a map and compass. Myself and Grunt had a great time, using power lies as a refrence point. A great gaming experience!

Comment

Originally posted by sparks50 View Post
          25 insurgents vs 5 special forces. Afghan Village map. Its nighttime and very dark. the insurgents has no NV or flares.

A team of 5 special forces has to reach a area on the map, and the insurgents has to try to find them and stop them, while guarding the area.

So the idea is to even out the advantage of NV with numbers, thus creating a new kind of tactical play.

Would be cool to have some feedback on this idea. Perhaps missions around this concept has already been made?

Why shouldn't the insurgents get flares?

Comment

It would still work I guess, but then you might as well have the OP in daylight^^

Comment

Originally posted by sparks50 View Post
              It would still work I guess, but then you might as well have the OP in daylight^^
              Well, no, because you'd have a limited supply of flares. Without flares, I very much suspect the mission would become one of SOF guys pulling off ambush after ambush on the insurgents.

Comment

Your right, it could be pretty cool with a limited supply of flares too.

Comment

The way I feel it would be balanced would be for the Insurgents to have flares and a thick defence being that it is their turf; Mine fields, "bouncing betty"s, barbed or Concertina wire, etc. But not to the extent that the Insurgents will automatically win out of default. Each Insurgent would get a base load of Four mags with AKs, Two Boxes for PKMs, and Three 45ers for RPK-74s. If 7.62 RPKs are in it, they can get two 75ers and one 30. (Remember, these are BASIC loadouts.)

Those are light but still very powerful and considerate loadouts for Insurgents, especially if said insurgents have TONS of ammo in crates along with other weapons like RPG-7s along with a lot of old soviet paraflares.

On the other side, the SF would be loaded out with NVGs and maximum Ammo with a minimum of (or none at all) other ammo crates and no IR beacons or HuntIR units. Their ammo loadout is reflective on what an SF force is, a Platoon size of fire in the compact package of a Squad or Fireteam. SF would also have to check fire for armed but non hostile Civilians and Unarmed Civilians in the path of fire and around Insurgent strongholds. Suppressive fire would solely rely on the MGs and ARs, the riflemen would HAVE to make all the ammo count (I tested a 30 STANAG in the M249, it works...sorta. so no worry on running outta ammo for the ARs for some time).

This mission would be best as an unmounted patrol with the SF objective to infiltrate and nab something from the Insurgents or blow up some things and Exfil out before the Insurgents could react. The Insurgents would be on regular patrol of their areas when the SF come in. All SF would be unsuppressed with exception of pistols.

BOTH sides will HAVE to use Ammo sparingly and wisely, both sides utilizing their available equipment to the fullest.(EG, An MG or AR man is hit and is down cold, the closest rifleman picks up the MG or AR and continues heavy fire on the opponent.)

*cough* Well, that's my bit. Hack it up as you see fit.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X