ACE ammo types

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE ammo types

Is there a list of descriptions for the ammo types in ACE anywhere?
    When i try to select ammo I have a hard time telling them all apart from one another. It's not always a big deal but I notice that some have different muzzle velocities and some are tracers and my head just starts spinning.

For instance saturday there was a night mission where i picked the suppressed M14 and ended up with ammo that had tracer rounds every third or fourth round which kind of defeats the purpose in my mind. I looked on the official ACE page but didn't find anything, maybe it's there and I just didn't see it though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Fiddlestx; 02-23-2009, 10:27 AM.

Re: ACE ammo types?

Originally posted by Fiddlestx View Post
    Is there a list of descriptions for the ammo types in ACE anywhere?
    http://www.acemod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178

The closest I've seen.

When i try to select ammo I have a hard time telling them all apart from one another. It's not always a big deal but I notice that some have different muzzle velocities and some are tracers and my head just starts spinning.
    For 95% of the ammo there is a combat mix (4:1 ball:tracer) and a tracer (100% tracers) version.

For instance saturday there was a night mission where i picked the suppressed M14 and ended up with ammo that had tracer rounds every third or fourth round which kind of defeats the purpose in my mind.
    Yeah, combat mix. I'm don't believe there is a no-tracer sniper version of the 20rd M14 mag.

Comment

Re: ACE ammo types

There is also a ok excel reference shoot in you ACE folder as well. There are a couple documents under the @ACE\Doc\References folder. The classes are kind weird IMO. I have seen possibly up to 4 different documents floating around and none are that complete. I actually miss the simple layout BI used on their website. The docs get really vague when it comes to anything beyond personal weapons.

As for the m14: "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_M14" & "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_SB_M14"
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X