Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi-Coop Missions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Semi-Coop Missions

    I just had a great idea that could make our TG coop missions much more interesting. What if we had 2 or 3 guys on the opfor, with the implementation of the recruit AI dialogue script for the east side only. Then, they could recruit their own AI squads and order them around, which would make a more dynamic AI system, with the human officers as the "head" of the force.

  • #2
    Re: Semi-Coop Missions

    Hola,

    now that is a great idea!!!!!!!!! Beita can you make some testbed for this concept??? Is it doable??



    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Semi-Coop Missions

      Something like this would be absolutely perfect...

      COC Command Engine X:
      http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1976

      A system that gives the 2 or 3 opfor commanders organized control of their forces

      Unfortunately, this is an addon based script. Anyone know of any alternative methods that are similar, and are not addon based?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Semi-Coop Missions

        I'm sure it is possible to make a system to order the AI around with specific slots. Could be made neat and tidy, or quick and dirty ...

        Currently working on something that will give the AI a bit more depth, it could easily be extended to giving humans the important command positions, but the point of the project is to have AI that won't need human "help". Lofty goal I know.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Semi-Coop Missions

          Originally posted by aceking View Post
          Something like this would be absolutely perfect...

          COC Command Engine X:
          http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1976

          A system that gives the 2 or 3 opfor commanders organized control of their forces

          Unfortunately, this is an addon based script. Anyone know of any alternative methods that are similar, and are not addon based?
          The other thing about that that's rather frustrating is that it still has a pretty serious MP bug in it that prevents it from working in some (fairly common) setups. :(

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Semi-Coop Missions

            Following your idea Ace King, I would love to see a fusion of TvT with Coop.

            I'm thinking of something like TvT vs AI, where each human team as several AI with them, but not in their Squad/Platoon. Giving a example:

            -Bluefor AI guards objective "tower", that Opfor as to destroy.

            -Opfor AI guards objective "clear town", that Bluefor as to clear.

            -Opfor and Bluefor have to take the same path to reach objectives, but in opposite ways, to increase probability of encounters between human players.

            The possibilities for missions are endless and it sure introduces a fresh fragrance to the arma servers. Anyone thinks that this is a good idea?
            sigpic

            PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Semi-Coop Missions

              Er...cough cough...ahem.....

              The Counter terrorist map I made last year for the Uhao map "Sundown Terror" is exactly this with just 4 terrorists as opfor the remainder Blufor.

              Operation Condor that I made for Afghan Village was also exactly this format with a handful of Player Opfor...so yes we have been doing some of these style missions for quite some time...

              Perfectly easy to create... I am doing a revision of Op Condor now to make it less laggy.

              BD1
              BlackDog1




              "What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Semi-Coop Missions

                Yes, can't forget that Blackdog's missions has already utilized such concept of "semi-coop" missions exactly how Jorge describes, where you have a small handful of human opfor players accompanied by numerous AI allies. I was really hoping there was a way to have only 1 or 2 human opfor players that could control an Opfor platoon or company, in an organized fashion (RTS style). This would truely open the experience to an unpredictable, yet "smart" AI (strategic wise) battle. Also, if you've ever tried the CEX Command Mod, its pretty awsome and fun to use. I would imagine that the opfor command slot would be the first to fill up everytime, if this kind of system was put in place.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Semi-Coop Missions

                  Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                  Er...cough cough...ahem.....

                  The Counter terrorist map I made last year for the Uhao map "Sundown Terror" is exactly this with just 4 terrorists as opfor the remainder Blufor.

                  Operation Condor that I made for Afghan Village was also exactly this format with a handful of Player Opfor...so yes we have been doing some of these style missions for quite some time...

                  Perfectly easy to create... I am doing a revision of Op Condor now to make it less laggy.

                  BD1
                  Sorry BD1, I completely forgot that you already did that... Then we just need more of those, but with less objectives, small and simple missions like the simhq and beta's. But with that feature of having both sides with humans and AI.
                  sigpic

                  PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Semi-Coop Missions

                    Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
                    Sorry BD1, I completely forgot that you already did that... Then we just need more of those, but with less objectives, small and simple missions like the simhq and beta's. But with that feature of having both sides with humans and AI.
                    Yah, I totally forgot that Blackdog had these "semi-coop" mission as well, lol.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Semi-Coop Missions

                      ;) no worries fellas, they have not been on the server for a while so easy to forget!
                      BlackDog1




                      "What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Semi-Coop Missions

                        Op Veritas as well on UWAR.
                        No really AIs under player command, but its technically 'semi-coop.'

                        TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

                        Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

                        "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

                        Comment

                        Connect

                        Collapse

                        TeamSpeak 3 Server

                        Collapse

                        Advertisement

                        Collapse

                        Twitter Feed

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X