ACE Parachute bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE Parachute bug

Has anyone encountered the parachute bug (ACE) where you have a steerable chute etc, however the moment you try to steer it or you come within "x" distance of the ground the player falls out of the chute?

Has anyone found a way around this particular problem?

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: ACE Parachute bug

hey BD, any chance you could provide any info to reproduce the problem? ... There's going to be a "new version" of the parachute code in ACE 1.07 which may solve one or two relatively uncommon issues, but if I can reproduce this I'll make sure it gets fixed.

Cheers

Comment

HJ,

I really have not done anything at all but run the vanilla ACE chutes. So here is what I did.

I put down an ACE Special West ammo box in base and took my pilot went over to it and grabbed myself a chute. I then took off in a Helicopter (did this with MH6 and CH47) and when at a suitable height above the objective area simply jumped out. Obviously the falling through the air animation occurs with the "pull ripcord" action option, so I pull the cord the chute deploys. The moment I tried to steer it, the player releases himself from the chute as if I had cut-away. If I do nothing, the player gets to around 20m off the deck and releases himself again from the chute, end result .... death.

I have tried this a number of times and get the same result. So I thought hmmmm lets do a comparison.

So I took the Skye island and selected a blufor character, "Air" and then "parachute" and the option "flying" and did a preview.
      So the guy spawning into the game already in the parachute floating down and not a single problem, the chute steers really well, I was actually surprised how well it handled and how you could really do a proper flare on landing.

So...my conclusion is that if you take a parachute from an ACE crate it may have some form of early release sensitivity or inaccurate height assessment so that when you try to steer it thinks you are cuttng away, or when you get close to the ground it has an auto release? Maybe stopping the chute from releasing might solve this? That way even when the player is on the ground, he "Has" to drop his chute just as in the RW.

That is the only thing I can think of, I was also using island Nabukonodexa, so not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Other than that, I have not adjusted or used any exta script, purely letting players simply grab a chute and jump into the helo and letting the core game do it's stuff.

I looked at your Parachute system as we discussed, but to be honest, I just dont have the scripting skills to make head nor tail of it to adapt it to suit my mission. :)

Give me a shout if you need anything else?

Regards
      BD1
      BlackDog1

Comment

I had the same thing you mentioned Blackdog. I was testing a mission, got kicked out of the helo(which was what the script was supposed to do), I made me speed a clean 4m/s to 6m/s and about 10 meters high suddenly I got unhooked!

How cruel. Was on Sahrani btw.

Comment

BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACE v1.07 has broken the parachute option. I just reported it to the team.

It seems whatever was done in 1.07 it has now not only made a parachute invisible but also it seems non-steerable. Probably really easy to fix and hopefully they can do a quick hotfix patch.

BD1
          BlackDog1

Comment

Shame that 1.07 screwed a bunch of things up - ACE just hauled me onto their team to fix the reported issues (previously I just supplied a sample mission and one of their team members tried to alter my big mess into an addon PBO along with their big mess of ejection scripts etc. ... so I guess I'm not surprised it ran into trouble :()

Afraid it's going to take some time for a fix; the team prefers to avoid hotfixing everything unless absolutely neccessary, so this may not get fixed until 1.08... however, I think they're hoping 1.08 can be released after a shorter wait period than usual.

Sorry! Gotta milk that "public BETA" statement that is stamped on ACE right now :D

Comment

Hey no worries and BTW, i noticed playing Domination the other dy briefly for the first time in ages, that the new HALO system seems to work perfectly from that mission. I.E. You take a parachute from the crate, parajump off the flag and then begin your freefall from 8000m.

I have to say it is absolutely bloody superb when it is working like this. I was able to fly my decent just the way I wanted and the ability to monitor your freefall attitude is excellent. I deployed at around 400m and was able to steer perfectly to where I wanted to land with a flare on landing.

So...when it's working, it is spot on and exactly what ArmA should have had frm the beginning. Maybe Xeno has tweaked it a little?

Anyway, thought this may help.

BD1
              BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed