X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostage Situation: Afghan Village- now on server

This was posted to armaholic this morning:

MP Gamemode: Hostage Situation: Afghan Village by POTS

We just played through it twice with a full server, and it was pretty good.

Quote POTS :
    This is a tactical pvp, with no respawn. As Americans you must find the hostages and take them to the safe zone, or kill all the terrorists. As terrorists, you must kill all the Americans. As terrorists, you have 4min to spawn the hostages anywhere you want in the giant red circle covering most of afghan village (not the empty desert areas). You cannot spawn them in houses, as thats too exploitable.

Details:

- 3 Hostages to be rescued by Americans.
    - Must be first terrorist leader to spawn the hostages.
    - Americans Vs Terrorists.
    - Freedom to spawn hostages where ever you want in giant red circle.
    - 4min to spawn hostages as terrorists, or Americans instantly win.
    - Tactical, no respawn
    - Ment to be played multiple times in a row, much like counter strike.
    - 10 vs 10
    - If the hostages die, BOTH sides lose.
    I only got to try Bluefor, but was commander and had fun. We located the hostages, and surrounded the compound, but the last insurgant decided to kill the hostages instead of letting us rescue them, so no one won.

Not sure I like that ability, but it is kind of realistic.

Other guys that have tried it, what do you think?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Hostage Situation: Afghan Village- now on server

Funny, I just registered here yesterday. Anyway, hope you guys like it, there will be more to come. One problem that I have with my mission is the map isn't very AI friendly so your hostages will behave like lost children. That won't be to much of a problem in other maps. The both sides losing is kind of a wake up call to some players about the terrible position people are in during a hostage situation. But as long as its fun, losing doesn't matter. That to me means a good map. It sounds to me that the terrorists were in a desperate situation; let that make the American's feel good.

Hope I'll be playing with you guys once in a while.

HostageSituation-Saralite1 is currently awaiting upload in the armaholic forums if you want to get it now.

Comment

POTS, have you considered making the hostage slots as actual players. I know this takes away the ability to spawn them where you like but maybe it is still possible for the terrorists to chose where the players spawn.

Anyways, the mission sounds like a lot of fun and definently looks to have alot of replay value.

Keep up the good work.
      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

The thing about the last insurgent player killing the hostages though is that it makes the US guys not want to play, if the outcome is always going to be the same.
        If you know going into the mission exactly how it is going to play out, and there is no way you can win, lit looses almost all replayability.

I understand from a realism aspect, how it plays out. But from a game aspect, it might need some tweaking. Maybe the terrorist should loose if they kill the hostages. Or have it set up so if you kill a hostage, you die instantly. That way, it would take at least 3 terrorists to kill the hostages, and give the US a chance to win.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

If you can make a script in the mission so that each hostage killed = TWO terrorists killed, I think that would balance out the hostage kills.

EDIT: Or just state before the mission begins that hostage killing is/isn't allowed. Kill a hostage on purpose = server ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
            If you can make a script in the mission so that each hostage killed = TWO terrorists killed, I think that would balance out the hostage kills.

EDIT: Or just state before the mission begins that hostage killing is/isn't allowed. Kill a hostage on purpose = server ban.
            I could make it so whatever side kills the hostages, that side loses, but if they are killed outside the red bubble, both sides lose like now. That way nobody wants to kill the hostages as long as there inside the bubble, but if they go outside the bubble, the terrorists should consider trying to kill them.

Although, when I organized a fight using this mission, the terrorists didn't kill the hostages. I guess the terrorists were more focused on killing us. I don't know, maybe just the mindset of the people playing.

You guys can formulate your own rules for the mission until I figure out a good fix to keep it more balanced.

Comment

This sort of mission would require role playing. So the terrorists would need to try avoiding killing the hostages unless Bluefor moved on them. If Bluefor messes up the negotiations and doesn't grant them safe passage or is spotted moving in, then the hostages will obviously get killed. Bluefor has to know how to handle the situation and it should be set that both teams lose if the hostages are killed. The terrorists would get killed by Bluefor right after killing the hostages after all.

I think requiring the terrorists to get to a certain location in order to consider it a win for them would make it ballance out. This way killing the hostages results in no win for everyone because Bluefor failed to save the hostages and Opfor failed to even survive.
              |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
              TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Well, i could have it so that both teams lose doesn't pop up tell after the hostages and terrorists are dead.

Comment

POTS,
                  Is there any way you could give us the same mission but with room for more players? Like a 30-40 size? The reason I ask is a few times this weekend while I was on and thought about playing it, checked the server count and we would have like 25 guys on.

And how would that affect the gameplay?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hostage situation afghan village and hostage situation saralite1 have now been updated to v1.1.

Changes:
                    - 15vs15
                    - After the hostages are killed, both lose ending doesn't happen tell one side dies.

Get it on the armaholic forums missions section.

EDIT: 30 is max without drasticaly affecting gameplay. Becomes pretty insane beyond that.

Comment

Typically the counter terrorists would out number the terrorists in a hostage situation. The only reason they wouldn't is if the CT's had to move right away because the terrorists were killing hostages and the CT's didn't have time to gather the neccesary man power. Having the numbers even seems a bit off in my opinion if you are going for a realistic feel.
                      |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                      TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

I think that the tangos should have the ability to execute the hostages.

Real World Scenario:
                        6 terrorists have 4 hostages
                        12 counter terrorists forces storm the building
                        outcome - 1 terrorist captured, 3 hostages killed, 1 hostage rescued, 2 counter terrorists wounded, 9 counter terrorists no injuries, 1 counter terrorist was killed in action.

Who is the winner or loser in this mission? I would say the that the terrorist's bosses would claim they won (the actuals are dead LMAO) and the counter terrorists would claim they won because the tangos are all dead.

no one wins in this situation unless it is flawless and the tangos are Somalia pirates :)

The counter terrorist teams should organize (to the best of their ability) a time based assault. There should be a recon element or technology used to recon (HUNTIR) the objective. Then sniper cover fire and teams assaulting the objective. This is of course the text book run.

If there were non-lethal weapons in game then the counter terrorists could roll over the terrorists and hostages with full force then arrest or perform an Israeli double tap on the terrorists. :)
                        Last edited by tangowrangler; 05-08-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X