Insurgency (based off PR)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency (based off PR)

I saw this mission on the BI forum, that sounds very interesting. It is based on the Project Reality game mode "Insurgency"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=71922

Could we have it uploaded?

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Re: Insurgency (based off PR)

Socom has been wanting this for a while. I am up for it.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Is it uploaded? :p

Comment

no
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

are you waiting for the 1.1 version of this cus i played the 1.095 and loved it was a brilliant game and the mission can be played well with as little as 4 players but is superb with more.
          Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

Maybe we should post it the Contact an Admin forum? It would be very cool to have this mission on one of the servers

Comment

It would as it is a very dynamic mission and every time I've played the mission it was different from the last, and i suspect the civilian's with they're magic will scare a few players into shootign them, I shot a civilian when he threw 'magic' at me as i had no idea they did that.
              Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

We should totally get this on the server and give it a shot.
                PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Tested ... and uploaded
                  Last edited by Blackdog1; 06-23-2009, 03:33 AM. Reason: Uploaded
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I would be more interested in having a TvT based Insurgency game mode. Preferably a game mode that is realistic. IE: giving the Americans tanks or attack choppers not just APCs and Humvees. IMO if we made a mission like that with JIP and 64 or more players we would always have a packed server.
                    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Agreed blackdog arma is 1000 miles away from PR. However some game modes from PR might still work pretty well with arma.

We had domination that was probably one the most unrealistic missions made yet it was still fun at times, i think never knock something down before trying it lol

Comment

What's been knocked down? I have said we will probably test it with the Pathfinders and see how it plays.
                        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

One of the features in it is squad rally points(where group respawns happen) and kits with restrictions.

This is a good way to enhance tactical teamplay, while not being too "hardcore" for beginners.

The mission has the same "instant action" that Domination provides, but unlike Domination, it enhances TEAMPLAY, and you cannot go all Javelin sniper multi soldier like, because the kit system restricts you to one role.
                          Last edited by sparks50; 06-03-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I would be more interested in having a TvT based Insurgency game mode. Preferably a game mode that is realistic. IE: giving the Americans tanks or attack choppers not just APCs and Humvees. IMO if we made a mission like that with JIP and 64 or more players we would always have a packed server.
                            This could be made very easily (insurgency style with helos and tanks, JIP with TG-esque realism) if people really would play it?

Comment

^ I have to Agree it would be nice if we had persistant TvT mission ^

It should be easy for a player to connect join a squad and get into the fight, With the objective shown on the map and up to the player to decide how to get there and cap the objective.

This way the server really would be full 24/7 if people are having fun and have an easy and understandable way of how to do things without having a CO.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X