ARMA 2 Soundmod. ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA 2 Soundmod. ?

I guess it's good timing now to be getting the NON-BETA Version of ARMA 2...the Mods are now starting to Flow!!.. Anyone try this Sound MOD which supposedly improves on the games weaps sound...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5885

One thing in ARMA.. Lots and Lots of Sound Mods..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: ARMA 2 Soundmod. ?

I'm holding off installing any of the Mods at the moment PD. I don't want any to interfere with getting on to the TG ArmA II Server.

Early doors with ArmA II at the moment, stock sounds appear OK.
    sigpic
    | |
    TG ArmA Pathfinder
    One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

sound mods wont affect your ability to join the TG server :)

Comment

Already posted aboutthis one mate!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...sed-arma2.html

:)
        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

GRR... and I thought it was new... Ah well.. I've been further behind the curve! Thanks for the info
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Downloading the 2.1 sound mod. Any reason I shouldn't install?
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I run a lot of mods. I was skeptical at first....I wish I wasn't! God thing they haven't been out too long, otherwise I would have slapped myself.

The VOP mod is pretty good. Weapon sounds are pretty OK, but it really stands out when you're further away. The noises from afar are amazing.

Another one I run is this HiFI A-10 and HiFi Weapon Systems: the armaholic site and add: /page.php?id=6291
              It modifies the A-10 engines as well as sounds. First, if you're a pilot, you will appreciate this mod immensely, because the sound in cockpit isn't crap anymore.
              The engines sound amazing and realistic to an A-10 (especially compared to default sounds).

Guys, when an A-10 is making a strafe run in the distance, it is ABSOLUTELY amazing. The rounds exploding, and the sound from the gun firing is just awesome!!! Totally recommend it.

And I also run Tracked Vehicles mod and RH Heli mod, both found on page posted above.

Comment

Just make sure to create a seperate folder when installing cilentside mods/addons within your ArmAII directory. Not forgetting to include/edit the newly created shortcut in your parameters.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I prefer SoWmod...

Much more Real... The m16 sounds like a m16 :3
                  www(.)armaholic.com/page.php?id=6901

I have tons of addons here, all Client-side...

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

A word of caution....

I am seeing more and more people connecting with 5+ mods in their start up line..... that may well be nice for you.....but it "Hoses" the server and creates lag when it has to load all your personal mods, plus the guy next to you and the guy next to him.....etc, etc etc.

We went through this with ArmA1 so I will repeat it here for you new guys to ArmA2....

GO EASY ON THE MODS......

It helps all of us in the long run have a fun game.....!
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I just run the Beta, and VOP 2.1. Nothing fancy.
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Thanks for the word of caution. The only thing I was looking at was the tinny crack of some of the weapons (reminds me of a cheap Halloween toy I had as a kid) and a custom face but I'll forgo the face to improve the sound.
                        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Alot of mods are allowed by TG servers,I have 12 diff mods and VOP sound does work and makes the game sound wayyy better.The stock sounds are like airsoft guns compared to the mods out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooov View Post
                            I have 12 diff mods
                            I'm curious what mods you have and why you feel you need 12. I would imagine someone has combined a few or you do not need all loading at all times. The only reason I mention this is in the past we have seen this kind of mod buildup lead to a degradation of performance on the servers. I've already experienced odd performance hits of a regular basis when people with certain groups of mods join the server.
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1 View Post
                              A word of caution....

I am seeing more and more people connecting with 5+ mods in their start up line..... that may well be nice for you.....but it "Hoses" the server and creates lag when it has to load all your personal mods, plus the guy next to you and the guy next to him.....etc, etc etc.

We went through this with ArmA1 so I will repeat it here for you new guys to ArmA2....

GO EASY ON THE MODS......

It helps all of us in the long run have a fun game.....!
                              What he Said.

Back in ArmA 1 I had 3 different shortcuts on my desktop.

1st was Vanilla ArmA, no mods running
                              2nd was ArmA MP where I just ran the mods I needed to play online (sound mod, lowgrass, islands)
                              3rd was ArmA Full where I ran ALL of my mods (i had over 7gbs of mods back in ArmA 1). I It was running all the custom units, vehicles and all the fancy thing I needed when I wanted to mess in the editor or shoot movies.

Lets face it, you dont need to run all of your extra units vehicles when you play online, it does nothing but add server load.

I strongly suggest using different shortcuts. Now That I am starting to run mods on ArmA II, I have the same setup on my desktop. Vanilla, MP, Full.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                              The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X