ArmA2 - FPS Helper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA2 - FPS Helper

I just found this over on armaholic. I can't speak to it's effectiveness but if your lagging like me it definately can't hurt.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6152

*Edit* I just tried it out and it does wonders for the grass, makes it much smaller and easier on your system, my overall lag was reduced quite substantially.
    Last edited by Fiddlestx; 07-05-2009, 03:18 AM.

Re: ArmA2 - FPS Helper

Thanks Fiddlestx! I'll keep this in mind in case I need it.

| |

Comment

Little bit worrying reading what this mod does. Someone using it vs. someone not using it could be a pretty substantial difference. Might raise some issues with people "cheating" because they can see other players through the grass because they are using this addon, which lowers the grass height AND removes some of the clusters.

Could become frustrating.

Comment

Makes the game look degrading.

Comment

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5864

Might be worth checking out once it's fully released. Read the description.

Comment

I understand that that it would not be fair in a tvt scenerio and it could be abused. For me though personally, I don't play tvt really and it's a matter of being able to play or not being able to play regardless of what it may make it look like. I play for the experience, not the graphics

Comment

Can't everyone turn grass and shadows off?

Comment

Shadows yes, but grass is a server/mission side setting by default. Your own settings have zero effect in that area in multiplayer, without mods that is.

Imho the game looks like **** without grass and shadows anyway, so I gladly suffer the small framerate hit that comes with them :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X