Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAA1 - BI addons in ArmA II

I'm sure some of you have seen this.

It basically ports the following of the original ArmA terrain & map objects (not units or vehicles):
    • Sahrani
    • Rahmadi
    • Unitied Sahrani
    • Porto
    • Saralite

into ArmA2 free of charge and with the blessing of BIS. It's still not final release, but they work great and the framerate is pretty sweet.

The project page is available at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/cbp-caa1

Re: CAA1 - BI addons in ArmA II

I've heard it being used to port some of the community-made islands to ArmA2 as well, including the Afghan/Avgani ones.

| |

Comment

I'm not sure on the specifics, but since all the map objects are ported over as well, other user maps should *just* work..like Uhao and as you mentioned Avgani.

I'm sure people are still busy exploring Chenarus, but I'm already looking forward to new missions on old terrain.

Comment

Bring on the Afghan/Avgani maps, loved those

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Have the bugs been worked out on these? Last I heard there was a nasty problem with flickering objects.

Comment

We've been running arma2 missions MP w/ Afghan and it works pretty good if you do it the way explained in the link.

Los

Comment

Where do I download Sahrani for Arma2?

Comment

It's all explained here:
                http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/OAC:DownloadAndPlay

Comment

I'd like to give this a try but am confused by what files i need to download here: http://caa1.arma-creations.com/yas/caa1/x/ do i jusr download tha aac ones? and whay do i do with the docs and keys?
                  sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

If you're using Yoma's updater, you need to download all of it (it's between 2-3 Gigs)

i.e. the caa1 and oac addon.

To launch, -mods=x/caa1;x/oac/oac_core

the docs and keys can stay where they are.

Comment

I'm going off this:

1. Make one folder in your Arma 2 directory with the following path:
                      Arma 2\@CAA1\Addons
                      2. Download all files stated on the website into this folder (there are 50 in total)
                      3. Install winrar to unzip all files
                      4. Ctrl A to select all files and right click and hit extract files
                      5. Add the following to your Arma 2 shortcut, by right clicking the shortcut -> properties and in the target box add: [email protected] (behind "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" )

i manually downloaded all the files under CAA1/Addon on the link i previously posted (nowhere near 2.5gig...).
                      Now following this guide i am to put them in the new folder i created....
                      but what about all the rest of the files on the provided link?

edit: ok figured out where what needs to be, added the line to launch, but i can't seem to acces it ingame
                      Last edited by sturgis; 08-07-2009, 08:19 PM.
                      sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

got it working... cool thing is the CAA thingie let's you use arma1 addon vehicles!

been flying around sarahni in airwolf lol...taa-tadadada... :D

I can even load the arma1 addons onto the Chernarus map! good stuff!!
                        sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Originally posted by sturgis View Post
                          got it working... cool thing is the CAA thingie let's you use arma1 addon vehicles!
                          You mean by running ArmA2 with CAA, you can use ArmA1 addon vehicles by adding the [email protected] to your target line?

I talked to one of the CAA guys, and by using Yoma Addon Sync 2009, you download all the needed files, then add -mods=x/caa1;x/oac/oac_core to your normal A2 shortcut target line and it should work. I will post back here if it works for me.

| |

Comment

Cannot open file C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\x\oac\oac_core/addons/bn_tracer.pbo

I downloaded the CAA1 files, it shows up as green on the Addon downloader, but everytime I try and download the OAC files, it says "Folder does not exist" on the downloader.

Im looking at the full mod in my folder, the Caa1 islands and the OAC_Core plus stuff added on, but "Cannot open file" keeps coming up.
                            Last edited by Eavy Gunner; 08-15-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Found the problem of 'Folder not found' or 'Could not be Created' may be permission rights.

We had similar; the folders 'x/caa1' etc weren't even created on the PC though the files showed in Yomatool.

After much troubleshooting, having ARMA 2 in C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Arma 2 just wouldn't work

It looks as though it will work in C:\Arma2 though - the folders were created OK !

hope this helps :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X