Bomb usage with Fighters in Arma2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb usage with Fighters in Arma2

Hey everyone, I'm still pretty new to Arma2 and I was messing around with the F-35 the other day and ran into a puzzling issue. The F-35 has two Air-Surface bombs as part of its armament, but there doesn't appear to be a method of figuring out where the bomb will land when you drop it.

In WWII fighter pilots had to dive towards a target and release there bomb so it fell relatively straight down, but modern day fighters don't need to do that. So my question is, how do you effectively use bombs? Does your target have to be painted by infantry first before you get an indicator as to where your bomb will land? Or is it pure guess and you just have to figure out the rate at which the bomb drops at certain speeds and altitudes?
    sigpic

Re: Bomb usage with Fighters in Arma2

There is neither a CCIP or CCRP reticle for the bombs, so it's all down to either tab-locking form decent altitude, since for some reason the dumb bombs aren't dumb, or to dive-bomb like in WW2.

That's about the level of fedility you can expect from any vehicle in the game. They are there to flesh things out and to work, but not a single vehicle works well. It's an infantry game with some vehicles tossed in for support ^^

Comment

They are laser guided bombs so you cant actualy lock on your self. Just remember that the F35 is one of the fastest jets in the game so it would take practice to "free bomb" w/o a lockon but since it only has 2 bombs i wouldnt risk it in a actual game unles you really need to.

Comment

To get an accurate bomb, point the nose at the intended target, and as long as your heading downwards towards the target, the bomb should hit the target.

Comment

Ahh.. Didn't know if the F-35 had Mk83s or LGBs. Only dumb bombs can be tab-targeted without someone else lasing the target for you afiak.

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
            To get an accurate bomb, point the nose at the intended target, and as long as your heading downwards towards the target, the bomb should hit the target.
            I'll have to try that, thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
              Not always true. But the statements in the right direction.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X