Battlefield Clearance Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Clearance Guide

So as I was writing a reply to beta's thread about mission design I realized that one of the major problems that people have with the medic system especially when magic medics are limited is the proper way to do battlefield clearance so here is a quick guide based on my own experiences about the best way to handle casualties:

(1) When someone is hit first and foremost they should say something on direct, although some times it is immediately obvious to others that you have been shot sometimes it is not. So you should immediately say ďIíM HITĒ this alerts others to your situation.

(2) Everyone else should keep shooting at the enemy (assuming thatís what you were doing, other wise handling a casualty is not nearly as tricky) if everyone turns around to help and no one is suppressing the enemy it means everyone is going to get shot. So as soon as you hear or see someone is wounded don't just stop not everyone has to be the hero.

(3) The FTL selects a fire team member to assist the wounded while everyone else continues to cover (smoke is employed here as necessary). At this point the SL should know of the situation and should call it in to Platoon HQ.

(4) Once the wounded man is in the best spot you can get them without dragging them for over 10 seconds (any more and they will most likely bleed out, I donít like this but itís a limitation of the games medic system) emergency first aid should be given by the rescuer assuming none of the platoon staff is there.

(5) Once first aid is administered (for serious wounds two people should provide it at the same time to speed things up) the wounded can either return to the line or be evacuated back for further medical treatment.

IF AT ANY POINT THE PLATOON MEDICAL STAFF ARRIVE THEY SHOULD TAKE OVER THE OPERATION AND THE SQUAD MEMBERS SHOULD CARRY ON WITH THEIR DUTIES (this excludes canceling first aid if it is in the process of being administered)

The duties of the platoon medical staff are as follows:

Platoon Sergeant: Coordinates the clearance, care and evacuations of all casualties in the platoon and directs the medic and other HQ members to aid in these processes.

Platoon Rifleman/Orderly: Moves the wounded into a safe spot for treatment using principal (4). Assists squads with battlefield clearance and assists the medic with evacuation(carrying wounded)

Medic: Responsible for giving first aid and overseeing treatment of aid until the wounded are at a medic facility.

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X