ACE2 - Partial feature list posted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE2 - Partial feature list posted

You can find a partial ACE2 feature list on the Biki now, located here. While there is no concrete date as to when it will be released, it has been coming along quite nicely and will be well worth the wait (as with ACE1, of course). Quite a few nice new features, as well as ports of ACE1 features. Some of the as-yet-unannounced overhauls that are being made are incredible, too, and there are several components not listed on the Biki that, while subtle, add some great new possibilities to the overall experience.

Of particular note out of the features that have been revealed, check out the sections on EASA, explosives, flashlights, gas, goggles, interaction with others, wind deflection, and camera shake.

Re: ACE2 - Partial feature list posted

as borat would say, "Very Nice".
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Flares for aircraft?

| |

Comment

Thanks, I saw this list the other day (I happened to look at the BI topic the day it was posted) and I am anticipating the release more than ever.

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
        Flares for aircraft?
        ACE had flares for choppers/planes so I don't see why they wouldn't add them into ACE2. You also couldn't eject out of choppers unless you could in real life (Read: Kamov) and ejection seats in general were improved.

As for the features Dslyecxi pointed out, I'm curious as to how they will implement flashlights on guns (I.E. would every gun just allow you to hit l to enable a flashlight or will you need to mod every single weapon configuration to have a flashlight model as well etc.) We will wait and see.

Gas/goggles: Gas, interesting. Would balaclavas actually serve a game purpose or just be for show? How would goggles work? As in, would not wearing goggles during a dust storm (desert mission) have some sort of negative effect? Sunglasses would perhaps dampen the effect of the sun glare? (obviously not completely neutralize)

Well... I would go on but I''m silly, this isn't some sort of discussion topic about the features is it?

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post
          Sunglasses would perhaps dampen the effect of the sun glare? (obviously not completely neutralize)
          I'm not 100% sure, but I think that for the sunglasses, the ppEffect commands would be able to replicate the dampening of the sun glare, at the very least it should be able to replicate the wearing of dark sunglasses.

Comment

Originally posted by OzyTheSage View Post

Gas/goggles: Gas, interesting. Would balaclavas actually serve a game purpose or just be for show? How would goggles work? As in, would not wearing goggles during a dust storm (desert mission) have some sort of negative effect? Sunglasses would perhaps dampen the effect of the sun glare? (obviously not completely neutralize)
            Before ACE, BAS mod had such a feature. Mainly the "Goggle system". Where by the player has the option to put the goggles on to prevent downwash and limiting your view from the helicopters. Something I missed from the ACE mod in ArmA.
            I'm glad to hear that they have taken this on board.

All in all, ACE2 is looking sexy. Thanks for the update Dslyecxi.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

When it comes out will this be mandatory for TG servers???

Comment

You can bet your bottom dollar, Smoov.

Comment

all of this sounds really cool.... i cant wait till its here.

will TG make this a mandatory mod to run on the server?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Most likely this will become madatory. It has been something that most of us have been waiting for hence why some of the veterans from ArmA1 have not been around. We got sooooo used to A.C.E that ArmA2 felt pathetic and unworthy.
                    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I can confirm that TG will be adopting the ACE2 Mod just as it had done with ACE1 in the first ArmA. Can't wait.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                        Before ACE, BAS mod had such a feature. Mainly the "Goggle system". Where by the player has the option to put the goggles on to prevent downwash and limiting your view from the helicopters. Something I missed from the ACE mod in ArmA.
                        Our [BAS] last leader, DeadMeat, also released a tear gas + mask system for OFP, but this was after BAS stopped public releases, so IIRC it came out under a different tag (DMX?).

Comment

can't wait for this!

Comment

THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!

Lmfao at the Tail Rotor part :P

Also. Flashbangs. And all this IR equipment. Sounds like a beautiful plan :D Time for some CoD 4 style AC-130 missions!!!

OMFG I can't wait. I just had a hot flash

Comment

That reminds me. If they're adding flashlights would it be possible for them to have the IR lasers that were mounted on ArmA's M16A4's? That could be interesting, at least in Co-op. I know that they had IR strobes in ArmA but they didn't work all too well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X