Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Adding RH Pistol Pack to TG Mod Pack

Hey Guys,

Well, I loved Robert Hammer's pistol pack he did for ArmA and he has released a revised version for ArmA 2. So who's interested? I'd love to have those in our mod pack. I have not tested the ArmA 2 release yet, but I'm sure they work well. RH does a great job making mods.

So, what do you think? Add it? Yes or no?

(well, subject to admin approval of course)

If your not familiar with it, there is the armaholic link...
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7680
    Yes and give me pie.
    69.57%
    No and I'm on a diet.
    30.43%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by GeneralCarver; 12-01-2009, 12:05 PM. Reason: added link
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Poll - Adding RH Pistol Pack to TG Mod Pack

I think we should add it. Its a really awsome set of weapons and all high RH quality. We are already using the RH M4/M16 pack I dont see why we dont use the full set.

Hopefully he will make a AK pack in the future and we can add those too.

Comment

While these pistols are definitely good, I feel they would not get used as much as they should. Few people actually carry side arms and if they do they rarely use them.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

It'd be great for mission makers.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
          While these pistols are definitely good, I feel they would not get used as much as they should. Few people actually carry side arms and if they do they rarely use them.
          Hmm... wonder who voted NO? lol
          Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
            Hmm... wonder who voted NO? lol
            Well if you vote no then you should at least provide a reason why you voted no.
            |TG-73rd|Socomseal
            |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Well, I vote no, the reason is the same as socom explained.

Comment

Voted no for the same reason. Pistols have practically zero use in the type of missions we play.

Comment

I voted yes. Actually, they are usefull. I myself am making a mission that would use this pistols a lot, also there would be more police style missions. Think about it as a mission designer, I would use em!
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I'm gonna vote yes, but I would like to see a test run of them. Even if it is reliable, I think we should be sure.
                    |TG-Irr| Charlie Foxtrot

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                    And yet the menace of the years
                    Finds and shall find me unafraid."

Nominate Someone For A Ribbon Today

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
                      Voted no for the same reason. Pistols have practically zero use in the type of missions we play.
                      Its not about being useful. Its about fun and something new and different. I promise you will suddenly find yourself using your pistol some if we downloaded these and included them in missions.

Concerning useful too, if we get this mission designers can design some missions around themes or concepts of using handguns. Think cops and robbers. Pistol Death match maps. Stuff like that.

Also that head bad guy you got to kill, in your mission can now have a Golden Desert Eagle .50 cal. Just like all head bad guys have in real life, as everyone knows.

And.. its only 80 meg. That's not too big.
                      Last edited by GeneralCarver; 12-01-2009, 10:47 PM. Reason: more to say

Comment

I simply don't think they'll be used enough and/or make a difference enough to motivate a download. Actually I think the same about the original RH weapon pack as well. I think that should be up to individuals to use together with a replacement config, rather than getting an obligatory, weapon-crate based bunch of duplicates.

And there's already a golden AKS in ArmA2 if you want a golden Big Boss-gun ;)

Comment

i vote no because its not going to be added.

simple as that.

no new mods are being added.

sorry guys

Comment

vote yes only for the pie ^^ so GeneralCarver wheres my pie?

Comment

You are half right. Pistols don't get used often in stock arma because they are weak and almost useless. (plus they have bad models and awful sounds) Nobody who makes missions forces people to use sidearms for that reason.

I can think of 100 mission ideas that I could use sidearms, especially for terrorist vs counter terrorist style missions.

P.S Browna I think its kind of lame we have (in its current state) such a limited (and Blufor bias) Mod pack. (Although I do know the choice of addons are not great at the moment)
                              Hopefully we can add more addons in the future.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X