ACE2 userconfig folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE2 userconfig folder

ACE2 needs it's own userconfig files due to an inability to access the Arma2 profile files.

The default files all end with .HPP and should be located in your Arma2 folder (they will NOT be used if they are in the @ACE folder, they will be ignored!) The commonly customized files are "ace_clientside_config.hpp" and "ace_keys.hpp". They should be in a folder here:

\arma2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp
    \arma2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp
    ...and others

The .HPP files will NOT work if they are here:

\arma2\@ace\userconfig

NOTE: the "userconfig" folder in @ace is in the wrong place and will be ignored! You must copy it to the correct location to customize keys/faces (you cannot wear gasmasks, goggles and other stuff until you get this right) and also a place to customize framerate problems (number of spent cartridges your video card will attempt to render) or even disable the AI radio chatter (silence, woohoo!).

The TG Yoma sync currently forces you to copy this folder by hand, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Otherwise, the Yoma sync will erase your custom files every time it updates, so this may have been done intentionally.

Remember: To wear gasmasks, goggles, etc., you must customize the ace_clientside_config.hpp yourself (by copying stuff from your Arma2 profile). HERE IS THE ACE2 FAQ HOWTO:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/F...ile_to_ACE2.3F

NOTE2 - If you don't have a Right Windows key to use the ACE "Interaction Menu" you can remap that action to the another key; I recommend the APP key (key=221) in arma2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp (that's the key between right-alt and right-ctrl).
    Last edited by 1longtime; 12-12-2009, 10:06 PM.

Re: ACE2 userconfig folder

Originally posted by 1longtime View Post
    NOTE: the "userconfig" folder in @ace is in the wrong place and will be ignored!
    It's not in the wrong place, it's there to keep backups of the files in case the user screws them up somehow. You're correct on that the files in that folder shouldn't be touched.

After a succesful ACE installation there should automatically be a "Arma2\userconfig\ACE"-folder. If there isn't the installation went fubar.

Comment

Man i am furious because I get this error also and I did what you said and it dont work. I have this userconfig file in my ace folder in arma2, so why does it say " include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found" everytime I launch from yoma??????????? @%^$%&@&!!!!!!! i want to cry now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
        It's not in the wrong place, it's there to keep backups of the files in case the user screws them up somehow. You're correct on that the files in that folder shouldn't be touched.

After a succesful ACE installation there should automatically be a "Arma2\userconfig\ACE"-folder. If there isn't the installation went fubar.
        We're both correct.

If you install with the "official" ACE2 installer then the "arma2\userconfig\ACE" folder will be created for you (but with default values that you need to customize with your name/face/voice and maybe keys if you like).

If you get ACE2 via the TG ACE2 Yoma sync only and have not used the official installer, then (as of this moment) the "arma2\userconfig\ACE" folder won't be created, and you need to copy it as instructed above.

EDIT:

...or you hit a nasty error, like dOob. Either we force everyone to user the SIX installer first, and then have Yoma roll them BACK to the TG version... or we include instructions for copying the HPP files to the correct location.
        Last edited by 1longtime; 12-12-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d0ob View Post
          Man i am furious because I get this error also and I did what you said and it dont work. I have this userconfig file in my ace folder in arma2, so why does it say " include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found" everytime I launch from yoma??????????? @%^$%&@&!!!!!!! i want to cry now!!
          With a Steam installation, the "ace_clientside_config.hpp" files (and ALL the other .hpp files) should be here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2\userconfig\ACE\ ace_clientside_config.hpp <- 4KB

...and all the OTHER stuff (huge folders) are:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2\@ace <- approx 142MB
          C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2\@acex <- approx 1.06GB
          C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2\@cba <- not too big, you may not have this if you use TG Yoma sync

...so:

arma2\userconfig\ACE\

...IS NOT THE SAME AS...

arma2\@ace
          ...or...
          arma2\@ACE

VERY common mistake.

Comment

So I went to the "TG ACE 2 update policy" page were it says that its the "OFFICIAL THREAD" and I did exactly what it said to do and I get this stupid " include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found" error every time I launch. So whats the OFFICIAL ACE2 download then and where can find it??? whats going on? wow what a pain! $%#*&^$%*

soory guys, im just a little mad right now because i spent the last 2 hrs doing this so I could play tonight. and now i cant.

no steam here either. I bought the hard copy.

Comment

i am going to start it all over because i got a error downloading all the recipory files or something right off the bat, plus i may have messed up by installing yoma to program files(86x) instead of just program files. anyways hopfully i will be around tommorow to play

Comment

Originally posted by d0ob View Post
                i am going to start it all over because i got a error downloading all the recipory files or something right off the bat, plus i may have messed up by installing yoma to program files(86x) instead of just program files. anyways hopfully i will be around tommorow to play
                You don't need to do that. The repository errors can be ignored. Program Files(x86) is the correct place for Yoma anyway.

It may not be "Steam\steamapps\common\arma2\". It will be something like "Bohemia Interactive\arma2\". It's almost the same. Just create a directory in your arma2 folder called "userconfig" like this:

arma2\userconfig

...then create a folder inside of that one called "ACE" like this:

arma2\userconfig\ACE

...then copy all those HPP files in the new ACE folder you created:

arma2\userconfig\ACE\ace_blahblah...hpp

It's exactly like the error message said:

"include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

...just under that it STARTS from "Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2\" or something like that. You will see then... it is looking for:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_co nfig.hpp

...and it can't find it. Give it HPP files where it is looking and it will be a happy little piece of software. You're about to waste alot of time by deleting and starting over. Just read this thread carefully, you're making a simple mistake somewhere.

Comment

Can the admins please add this information to the general ACE2 thread? Or did i miss it somewhere? This is actually an important install information to get it working right.

Thanks!

Comment

thank-you longtime and jeepo for all the help. i did what you said in your last post 1longtime and it worked like a charm. now i just need to buy a real mic.

Comment

Delete this post. I got it working... finally.
                      Last edited by viper1986; 12-20-2009, 09:37 AM.
                      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

... Just create a directory in your arma2 folder called "userconfig" like this:

arma2\userconfig

...then create a folder inside of that one called "ACE" like this:

arma2\userconfig\ACE
                        Piece of cake.

...then copy all those HPP files in the new ACE folder you created:

arma2\userconfig\ACE\ace_blahblah...hpp

It's exactly like the error message said:

"include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

...just under that it STARTS from "Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2\" or something like that. You will see then... it is looking for:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\arma2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_co nfig.hpp

...and it can't find it. Give it HPP files where it is looking and it will be a happy little piece of software. You're about to waste alot of time by deleting and starting over. Just read this thread carefully, you're making a simple mistake somewhere.
                        Where are the .hpp files? I don't see any in the arma2 folder or any other folder for that matter. I followed the instructions from the "<<Yoma Tools - YOU MUST USE THIS TO PLAY ON ALL TG SERVERS>> " thread and end up short on my .hpp files. I'm pretty stoked on getting into some TG style gameplay on arma2....just need some .hpp help....

Comment

Just to say, the userconfigs are now only provided zipped up inside a .tar file in the "store" folder inside "@TG". To update them you must extract them and move them to the correct location. I don't think they have updated them for a while so its probably not a problem for the moment.
                          "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
                          So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
                          tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
                          tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
                          tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
                          tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

Great! Thanks for the help.

ps-I might suggest adding whatreallyhappened.com to your news list.

Comment

Well done. let you know it no longer lets you extract the Userconfig folder....getting crazy now

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X