Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpPoppy v2

A few things about the new version, Ghost:

-15 minutes appears to be too long for respawn, but just barely. Recommend setting it down to 5 or 10 (pick your poison)

-take away the Shilka platforms

-remove Kraznostav as an objective. Everyone got bored while BLUFOR moved through the town and killed a whole one bad guy

-EDIT: give us the option to run this at night! I think this mission would be a lot more interesting if BLUFOR had the means to avoid contact by running stealthy.

-DOUBLE EDIT: I think if you gave OPFOR more policing chores to do, they'd have less time to kill people. For instance, if you only had a few randomized weapon locations, OPFOR could guard them to prevent the populace from becoming armed.

-give BLUFOR access to the ORDNANCE ACE crate. Satchels, SLAMs, and claymores would all come in handy as deterrents, be it from civilians accessing areas they shouldn't, or blocking road access.

-you should SERIOUSLY change the mission to night time. That way, OPFOR and civies would stay inside the city where it's light, and you could give everyone chemlights. Maybe civilians would chemlight buildings they want BLUFOR to destroy, etc. etc. I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS I WANT TO MAKE MY OWN MISSION LIKE THIS NOW.

We had fun on the second run-through. My BLUFOR team cleared Kraznostav, then deployed a sniper/recon team to Klem, where they got really good overview of the entire area. Things turned into a clusterfrack when we entered the city, unfortunately, but we took a few prisoners before then. I really enjoyed myself!
    Last edited by Sc[ + ]pe; 12-15-2009, 04:33 AM.

Re: OpPoppy v2

Respawn has been removed. AH6 has been added. UH6 has been added. Added a detain script. Made the mission at dusk. Made the AO smaller. Insta doom of death around blufor base. IED's. Changed cache location and changed AA capability.
    Last edited by Ghost02; 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I don't think you'll ever make anyone happy about the respawn thing. Oh well!

Comment

I really think this could turn into something great but like Domination it's going to take maturity on the players part to make sure it doesn't turn into a "clusterfrack".

I think there should be a respawn but like Scope said it should be longer 5-10 minutes. That way it prevents suicide bombers/rushers but also makes sure that if somebody gets shot for no apparent reason on the civilian side for it not to be the end of the world.

I had a possible incident today where my designated marksman took down a civilian who he said was armed, went around a fence and a house and came back without a weapon. I had noticed that it was the same civilian I had seen earlier collaborating with multiple armed civilians so I gave the go ahead on the shot. The dead civilian complained on global that he wasn't armed and called me a liar when I explained my situation. So it's really going to take some effort from everyone to maintain their composure, integrity and maturity.

I also think there should be some rules perhaps stickied somewhere on the site and also put in the notes (the rule could be that there are NO rules - it's at your discretion).

My suggestions would be:

1.) If civilians should pick up weapons at their own risk. If you decide to pick up an assault rifle, a weapon that would be illegal in the U.S. and probably anywhere, you better be prepared to be popped.

2.) If ANY player not on BLUFOR decides to enter the area of BLUFOR's base (200-400m radius) expect to be shot (ROE based on the current CO).

3.) Stealing Scope's idea of it being night mission optional and access to "ORDNANCE ACE crate". I'm imaging Tears of the Sun-esque retreat. Claymore's and satchels being placed while an insurgent force and civilian militia are mobbing a Force Recon team trying to fall back to a chopper extraction - it would be a wonderfully cinematic moment.

I think this mode/map has a lot of potential if you continue to work and build on it; give it some polish and it'll be great.

Comment

Suggestion 2 and 3 are in.
          |TG|Ghost02
          TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Thinking about the civilian side of things here ...

Would be FANTASTIC to have a weapon concealment script. So, there would be a point to taking smaller weapons like handguns. You should be able to "hide" the handgun (remove it from your inventory, storing it in a variable) and then "reveal" the handgun later. This would effectively mean a REAL insurgency could take place (if the civilians so choose) and the civilians would actually be able to be as threatening as the BLUFOR/OPFOR make them out to be.

Current Arma 2, the only thing you have to worry about with an unarmed civilian is them getting to close and throwing a grenade at you or planting a satchel. Other than that, you will see their weapon.

Comment

Yo Beta, you know how many AKs you can fit in a backpack?

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                Thinking about the civilian side of things here ...

Would be FANTASTIC to have a weapon concealment script. So, there would be a point to taking smaller weapons like handguns. You should be able to "hide" the handgun (remove it from your inventory, storing it in a variable) and then "reveal" the handgun later. This would effectively mean a REAL insurgency could take place (if the civilians so choose) and the civilians would actually be able to be as threatening as the BLUFOR/OPFOR make them out to be.

Current Arma 2, the only thing you have to worry about with an unarmed civilian is them getting to close and throwing a grenade at you or planting a satchel. Other than that, you will see their weapon.
                I tried that, but for some reason it gives an error.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X