This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krause’s Quick and Dirty Crash Course in ARMA 2/Military Tactics

Are you new to TG? Have managed to get the game running with our mods but have no idea how the actual gameplay works? Keep hearing military lingo thrown around and have never served? Your squad leader is barking orders at you to form a "staggered column" and you just stare at him like he is speaking another language? Don't understand why you are being told to stay in a position as opposed to another? Can't figure out why you keep dieing? Wish you knew what the other players knew? Don't understand why no one is responding to your undisciplined gibberish on the coms?

Then I have something for you!
    I wrote a guide specifically for the chaps out there who want to get into the TG playing style but need the knowledge they would otherwise have to painstakingly learn through trial and error and quick ten second lectures by squad leaders while under fire.

My guide is designed to be read in about 20 minutes and to introduce the absolute newbie to basic tactical realities, strategies and the behavior of more experienced players and leaders. There is no fluff, no unnecessary images - just a plain written "survival guide" for someone who is thrown into a new but potentially intimidating environment. When you figure this stuff out, you will have the most fun you could ever have in a video game.

Check it out:
    Website
    PDF

Check out the resources section at the end for links to more in-depth guides, which better serve as a complete course in the world of ARMA II gaming.

If you have any questions not covered in the guide, please do not hesitate to email me at krause(at)krauselabs.net, respond to this thread or private message me. I'll see that your questions are answered, and you may very well see the guide expanded to include the topic you brought up. WELCOME TO THE TG COMMUNITY!
    Last edited by tyrspawn; 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM.

Re: Krause’s Quick and Dirty Crash Course in ARMA 2/Military Tactics

Nicely done a good supplement to existing material and a good 5 min refresher course on some of the more basic points of ArmA 2 soldiering. If your new defiantly check out the links at the bottom.

Comment

Dead link within the Website and PDF at the Teamspeak Binds section. The "here" link no longer exists.
      Those who lean on bayonets are the first to get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
        Dead link within the Website and PDF at the Teamspeak Binds section. The "here" link no longer exists.
        Would you be able to PM tyrspawn about what links are dead. The webpage is run by him.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse