Mission makers take note!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission makers take note!

Cool script at armaholic that IMO might be very useful for TG map makers 8)-
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9286
    arrg sry can mod pls move this to mod/mission development put it here in my excitment 8)
    Last edited by Call911; 01-23-2010, 06:40 PM.
    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
    Norman Schwarzkopf

Re: Mission makers take note!

Good call, mate. That's pretty awesome!

Comment

oh do like, please use more :

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Some interesting stuff with this, but ... I just can't get over the fact that you are ANGRY HULK MAN.

Like seriously, I was DRAGGING a BUNKER around lol.

Comment

I just liked the arty :D but yeah the draggin is abit insane :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

The mod has a couple issues:

1. Lift loads have no mass and are "fixed", and take no damage as they are ethereal while attached.

2. Dropped loads still have no mass, but standard gravity makes them "snap" or fall back to earth, taking no damage (be nice if this was a Final-Fantasy movie mod, but its not). Think dropping fully-loaded apc's and MBT's from 2000 feet with perfect accuracy and not using chutes.

3. Dragged peices are fully functional, make your tank by dragging a arty peice behind a truck, or how about some airborne arty with it slung under a uh-60?

These issues kinda break them for me. I would like to see them resolved before calling this mod out of alpha. While the exploit obviousnessl is high, practically speaking I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to do that in a TG server, so it's more for realism than exploits why I don't think it's ready.

Comment

Yeah got to thinking about the realism myself in the demo, was a job for 1 soldier to sling around an 81mm mortor in boot, an this sling M119's like there chairs or somthing. What i liked about it is the functyionality of moving assets like arty, ammo defenses etc an being able(like Ia Drang) the ability to build your own defensive perimeter as BIS did'nt really do it to well. Was thinking more about that then the realism of weight involved with this.
              "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
              "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
              Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

it is definitely so easy as to be cool though. I like the implementation.

Comment

Implementing in missions now....
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

/sigh i wish i was good with working with scripts i cant even make a simple task... =( ill see if i can add it to one of my missions its got my attention!
                    <17:33:30> "siR_miLLs": i will come back for you...
                    <17:33:35>"|TG| NoDebate": go
                    <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
                    <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
                    <17:33:36> "|TG| NoDebate" was banned for 3000 seconds from the server by Tactical Gamer - TeamSpeak 3.0 (Anti-Spam measure, you are able to reconnect in 00:01:26)
                    <17:33:36> "|TG-Ω|HeadShot": ROFL!

Comment

Originally posted by H3AD-SH0T View Post
                      /sigh i wish i was good with working with scripts i cant even make a simple task... =( ill see if i can add it to one of my missions its got my attention!
                      Unpbo the demo mission to see what they did in the editor.
                      Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                        Implementing in missions now....
                        Are you just implementing in bulk ghost?

Its kinda irritating and making me lazy not being able to translate all the comments and object names...heh.

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                        Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Guys please dont implement this unless it has been tested in and out with the mods we are currently running.

I dont want more missions to break because this script doesnt play well with something in ACE. So before you put it in your missions, please test it and post ANY AND ALL findings here. We need to start being more critical of our missions

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Works fine from what I can see.

Never saw an issue with it.

Gonna test more though.
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Yeah, real question will be if it is 100% dedicated server compatible. We'll have to try it and see how it does.
                              Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X