Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Radios

Just want to know a few things about radios in arma

1.is Taking a radio away enough to disable side/group ? since when i drop it in the server i can still use it.

2.Can you still hear radios but not reply if you havent got one ?

3.Finally will picking up a radio enable radio comms

Thanks in advance (got an idea up my sleeve)
    To talk to me or just hurl Abuse my way get me on Xfire:Hashass1n

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Mute since the universe began

Re: Questions About Radios

If you mean the "backpack radios", as far as I know they do absolutely nothing besides weighing you down at the moment. They might just be meant as dummy objects for mission makers to script stuff around. Comms are very hard to influence from the mission/mod-maker's standpoint, as there is no command to switch them off or otherwise affect them, except possibly placing a black square over the chatbox, which blocks out everything, and still leaves people with VON. If you mean the normal walkie-style radio that goes in the secondary ammo slot, I think the only use for that is "radio action" triggers, which I haven't seen used since ArmA 1.

Comment

In singleplayer it will remove all radio chat and voice. In MP, it does not. You do need one to use the radio action triggers though.

Comment

Thanks guys guess my idea wont work if coms cant be removed

I can't read, can't write, can't be an officer -NCO of the Vistula Uhlans Jan Pawlikowski

Comment

I also believe that in MP if you dont have a radio you cannot communicate besides on Direct chat.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Nope.

Chat and VON still works fine.

Comment

Confirmed, in MP you can chat in Group/Side Channel even if you don't have a radio on you. However you cannot utilise any of the quick radio messages like Roger, Under Fire and similar.
              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                Nope.

Chat and VON still works fine.
                But is it possible to disable it by magic like scripting or will it just have to be a kind of gentlemans agreement

Comment

I know of no way whatsoever to effect in-game chat or VON, aside from creating a dialog/resource to put a black box over the text area.

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
                    I know of no way whatsoever to effect in-game chat or VON, aside from creating a dialog/resource to put a black box over the text area.
                    Thanks anyway ill think of another idea or just a blackbox over it or an agreement

Comment

I know many times before (back in Arma1) people decided there was way too much chatter on the radio, so they decided to go with a sort of "Only squad leaders can use a radio" (or a radio man, depending on the mission I suppose) and everybody else would need to use direct chat.

It sounds good and makes for a different kind of playing experience, but until BI makes direct chat connected to "voice" instead of "effects" then it will suffer...

Comment

guys, little secret here, wont say much, but we may have found a solution to this radios problem. including a use for the radio packs in ace!

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                          guys, little secret here, wont say much, but we may have found a solution to this radios problem. including a use for the radio packs in ace!
                          can use non-mission-dev-team-mission-makers get a hint? :)

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
                          Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with....

this?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...25#post1579025
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                              Maybe it has something to do with....

this?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...25#post1579025
                              The dramatic pause was totally warranted and my brain was shut down from the level of awesome that ArmA2TS could bring the TG experience.
                              We are going to be finally able to simulate radios properly! Hurray! :D
                              No more having to deal with the lame Channel Commander surrogate that is the "wisper". No more having everyone that listen to me in VON wondering if I accidentally plugged my microphone to an high-voltage power line. No more being unable to listen to my squad whenever another SL has to coordinate with another squad using Command Channel.
                              I'm guessing you guys (mission creators) are already testing this thing out? :D
                              sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...