Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Mission utilize radio comms learnt in TG Radio School

Hi Guys,

I just had this amazing idea while going over what I learnt in yesterdays Radio School with Zedic. We learnt some standard radio procedures for

-Locstat
    -Sitrep
    -Calling CAS
    -Fire Mission
    -Contact Report

Now my for my coup de grace!! Would be amazing if we could tailor make a training mission that provides us with situations where we need to perform some or maybe even all of these radio procedures. The reason I believe it would great is because everyone benefits the grunts will have something to shoot at, the SL will learn to handle radio transmission while being in a semi realistic enviroment and the commander will also be able to practice comms, tactics etc etc while not being overwhelmed by the fact that its all a real mission.

so what do you guys think? Good idea or simply something thought up in total brain meltdown overload delirium after attending one of Zedics classes(btw loved it and gonna join again today)

regards

ramp out

sigpic

Re: Short Mission utilize radio comms learnt in TG Radio School

Couldnt you just do this on ACE Training Ground?
    Nihility

Comment

Well yes and no, I am sure with enough imagination you could pretend you were getting shot at etc etc but isnt the problem with ace training ground that its basically chaos all round? Everyone just messing around? I was thinking more along the lines of adding a "final excercise mission" that brings together all the elements we have learnt in the past week at zedics course. Would be nice to then be able to get a ribbon or recognition as having completed the "Full Zedic extreme Arma2 Radio School"

This mission could then remain on the server and be used to show new TGers the ropes and hopefully be fun enough for us regulars to keep coming back and swapping roles. So a mission would go like this: phase one move to specific grid ref and locstat -phase 2 movement to contact - phase 3 CAS call/ Fire mission - phase 4 sitrep with possible evac via chopper. This will also keep air element in practice......I am sure many of us would like to practice serious piloting but never get the chance....would be a sweet multirole training exercise.
      You know nothing major but just enough to last say 45-60 minutes max

sigpic

Comment

Training Grounds has respawning enemies in the town next to the Air Field complete with tanks and what not. The catch? ACE broke the training grounds. I am sure we can get something put together if need be. A good mission to do this on would be Ares, as it has all the elements, ground, air, armor, just a few simple modifications could be done to tailor it to the class size.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

cool, I mean as I said nothing too big or complex. Just something like "tigerland" where we can polish up and try stuff without really scewing up. 2 slots for pilots would be fantastic so we can choose to use them or not depending on how complex we would like to run the exercise. I know somebody has to actually go and do this so please take this as a suggestion or just my 2 cents at rounding off the radio school. Maybe we could run like a final exams thing once a week. So people who like to squad lead can get proficiency ribbon or something. Hope this doesnt come across as a I want want want post.

sigpic

Comment

Just as an aside; the training missions I'm working for some of the other training material Zedic is putting together includes some TvT and "live fire" exercises against AI. Rampart; could you spare any time in the next few days to maybe come peak at what I have so far and see if its in-line/could be re-purposed more specifically to what your thinking here?

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
            Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

Why on Earth wouldn't you just play a regular mission? I'm sure you'll get all the "training" you want when you're actually playing the game.

Comment

I wanted some more tailor made scenarios. I mean missions are great but many times they are either to big and complex and dont have the set piece situations we trained for. I dont think we have a specific mission where we can concentrate on the items I mentioned in my previous posts. Think of it as a series of workshops or as I said a final excercise that brings together all the elements of training. I think it would be fun and enjoyable. But as I stated b4 that just my two cents.

@jaynus: PM sent

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...