Project Reality coming to ArmA2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality coming to ArmA2

Didn't see this posted here yet, but the Project Reality "minimod" for ArmA2 has been announced.

More info is here:
    BIS forum
    PR site

Some images from the PR site:

Great to see that they're taking a stab at ArmA2. It will be very interesting to see how this develops and is adopted by the community.

Re: Project Reality coming to ArmA2

Looks like there's a thread for the BF2 PR'ers over here.

Forgot to add the promo vid:

Comment

If they don't touch on the ballistics and gameplay, I'm ok with it.

Because I don't want play with a random-gun.

They should make their weapons compatible with ACE2, or I really don't see any advantages compared with ACE2.

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

Originally posted by W-Cephei View Post
        They should make their weapons compatible with ACE2, or I really don't see any advantages compared with ACE2.
        The advantage most likely comes in the form of having a very well-defined PvP-oriented mission concept that can be polished to the level of what you see in the BF2 PR mod. I don't see them as trying to jump into the singleplayer or coop side of things at this point, based on what has been said. I think it'll be interesting simply to see how good of a PR-type mission they can make in A2 - the potential seems to be there to do something great, but the proof will be in their releases. I'm optimistic. PR being in A2 would bring new players, could potentially establish a more community-wide PvP arena, and so on and so forth. Can't see any downside to it at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
          The advantage most likely comes in the form of having a very well-defined PvP-oriented mission concept that can be polished to the level of what you see in the BF2 PR mod. I don't see them as trying to jump into the singleplayer or coop side of things at this point, based on what has been said. I think it'll be interesting simply to see how good of a PR-type mission they can make in A2 - the potential seems to be there to do something great, but the proof will be in their releases. I'm optimistic. PR being in A2 would bring new players, could potentially establish a more community-wide PvP arena, and so on and so forth. Can't see any downside to it at this point.
          Good point... but the AAS(Assault and secure) was first designed by the FH2 team.

I also still prefer playing ACE2 on PvP than PR on PvP... But, I need to play it to have sure...

Sapientiam Autem Non Vincit Malitia

Comment

While we already have a few maps like this (that never get played) I would still like to see what the Project Reality team can come up with: PR has the advantage over ArmA that it is relatively easy to set up and/or join a game, given that the objectives are clear and even someone that is new to the game can easily get into the game without knowing too much :p

Edit:
            the promo video looks great: it has a polished, professional look to it and got me interested in the mod.
            sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

This is an excellent idea that will help migrate current PR users out of the dying engine into a more current one, without demanding too much milsim for those who don't want it (yet). If anything you will see more people take the leap into our ACE2/arma2ts realm. The biggest problem with arma2 is getting the game set up to "simply work" for new players. If ARMA2PR can make the technical price of entry lower than YOMA/ACE/etc, then I think they will have a winner that will see lots of new blood everytime steam puts the game on sale.

Comment

Im going to watch this from the fence....with both optimism and dread.........
                Nihility

Comment

Rest assured we will have a server for this. And also, I HOPE you are right Dyslexci, in that it will NOT encroach on the COOP play, I want TvT all the way with this...........

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                    Rest assured we will have a server for this. And also, I HOPE you are right Dyslexci, in that it will NOT encroach on the COOP play, I want TvT all the way with this...........
                    I doubt CooP will be THAT much affected, given that no one plays TvT only and a lot of missions are better as CooP than TvT.
                    Also, one could make a CooP "Insurgency"-style map, just like it was done in ArmA1: I remember having played that a few times here on TG just before ArmA1 was abandoned; it had the ticket system, randomly generated caches, enemy AIs spawning in unless BluFor was within a certain radius of the cache, kit selection and all the stuff you find in PR Insurgency.
                    It was also helpful when I first played PR since I already knew most of the mechanics thanks to this map :icon_bigg
                    sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Awesome...

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I have to say that I am really looking forward to this. Despite what many people think about PR players or the style of play that BF2 is or whatever. The work that the PR team put into Project Reality is amazing. I will be waiting anxiously to see this mod released and getting back into ArmA2. I really want to see what they can do with the game, what modules they can create, what THEY do with ballistics, weapon sounds, medic system, and everything else. I've been a BIG fan of the PR team even after moving on to ArmA.

Looking forward to having this available Jeepo. Perhaps this mod will really amp up the TvT side of ArmA as the game still feels sluggish most of the time.

Dang you Dyslexci! I came home from work and say this on ArmAholic. Wanted to be the first to post but your too quick man, too quick. Thanks for posting this as I am sure most would have just walked past it.
                        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

The only thing im worried about is if all the BF2 PR players port over. There i said it. The regulars are a great bunch, the rest who populate the server on a rolling basis will be a part of possibly the internets largest mass banning within the first week....something so large only the term BANOCAUST will do it justice.
                          Trying to get the BFPR players used to playing on the ARMA server will be hell on earth for the admins.
                          At least it will provide ample entertainment for the rest of us :D
                          (im talking about people who type "Pwnd bradley who was that!!!???" "WTF who killed me?" "FAIL COPTER HAHAHAHA PWND YOU!!!! SUCK!!!" constantly while playing.....pet hate of mine and totally not acceptable on the arma servers....hell, even typeing more than "Afternoon" when you join the server 80% of the time results in a warning, which i approve).
                          Not saying everyone isnt welcome, as its not my place to do that nor do i not welcome new players. I, like all the other arma players spend alot of time helping new players when we meet them.....im just saying that this, if it goes ahead, will be the reality.
                          Nihility

Comment

lol soupy, it's not that bad. The regulars associated with TG (SM or not) are great guys and a large part of what I miss about PR.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGlory&Pain View Post
                              lol soupy, it's not that bad. The regulars associated with TG (SM or not) are great guys and a large part of what I miss about PR.
                              Oh glory, if only it wasnt :p
                              I played the tg pr serv for 2 years before i got arma 2. I know alot of the regular TG SM and non SM guys are great. I miss them. But it pains me to play there.When the new PR came out I reinstalled bf2, updated it, downloaded PR, installed it, played on the server about5/6 times then promptly went to my EA folder and hit delete so many times my keyboard broke. I then cut my arm over an open fire and swore a mighty oath never to return.
                              Nihility

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X