Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PvPscene AAS (Advance And Secure) game mode

gday Tactical Gamer Community!

reading your PR:A2 thread gave me the impression that this project may be of interest for some of you.

Advance and Secure is a game mode coming from Joint Operations.
    CoolBox made the AAS template and many missions for ArmA.

The PvPscene version is adapted to suit competitive match play best.
    A couple of highlights
    • Possible to choose traditional AAS / A&D / (soon) One Life game mode
    • Twelve classes to choose from with different equipment and features
    • Some classes have the ability to revive fallen team mates or (area) heal wounded
    • Custom HUD to guide players
    • Over 70 missions available so far (Utes, Chernarus, Everon, Panthera, Namalsk and more coming)
    • Optional AI mode to fill low player count server or to get it PvPscene AAS

To learn more head over to the PvPscene AAS wiki.

Available topics:
    • Beginners guide
    • Features
    • Key differences to AAS core
    • Did you know?
    • Hints
    • PvPscene AAS specific HUD (Head-up display)
    • PvPscene AAS specific keyboard controls
    • Blocked key actions
    • Mission parameters

Feedback and questions are very welcome!

best regards
    .kju

Re: PvPscene AAS (Advance And Secure) game mode

That sounds great kju! But will it be ACE compatible?
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I am not sure Socomseal. So far ACE2 has not been used alongside.
      That said there will be a dedicated ACE2 version in the coming weeks anyway. :)

Comment

whats the difference between this and devastation?

Comment

The game modes share a lot of similarities.

Of course some obvious differences are:

Devastation spiritual father is PR, while the one of AAS is JO (Joint Operations).
          That said PvPscene AAS is no longer trying strictly to reflect JO. Instead elements from ET
          and many other team games flow into it, as well as new elements.

Devastation is coded by Dr Eyeball. AAS core is written by CoolBox, along with several contributors like BCA Cat Toaster. The PvPscene version is coded by me and based on AAS core.

PvPscene AAS many new features integrated (see link above).

Overall there are probably differences in the presentation, gameflow, design to up teamplay and so on. The two are still rather similar in gameplay I'd say. Capture The Base by Whisper also to be named here.

The major difference so far probably is that it is very hard to play Devastation in public, while AAS is after Bezerk the most played PvP game mode in a2 these days.
          Last edited by kju; 03-14-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Weird. I cannot edit my last post. So sorry for the double post. :row__736:

You can check out several short videos about the PvPscene AAS version on vimeo:
            http://vimeo.com/channels/pvpsceneaas

They describe the overall system a bit, show the different interfaces and the optional AI support mode. :row__579:

Comment

Thanks for all the info!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

No worries Dredge! I appreciate the interest of the TG community.
                Even if you are likely to play PR:ArmA II instead soon, it might give you some ideas for their project.

My goal is to push the PvP play and to gather feedback and ideas from people. :row__518:

Comment

For anyone that is interested, we have loaded a few of these on the Alpha server, hope to give them a large scale test.
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                  |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

gday :row__579:

a friend of mine told me, that you gave AAS a go yesterday.
                    If you don't mind, how was your impression? Any good or bad events to name?
                    We are always happy to get feedback. :icon14:

You have been playing AAS core and not the PvPscene version, right?
                    What made you play AAS core?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

While searching through your wiki I was only able to find a download link for AAS core, if you could post a download link for PVP scene we will load that instead.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal

Comment

gday socomseal93 :row__579:

you find the missions in the files section.

best regards
                        .kju

Comment

Kju, I was playing it a few days ago... GREAT! Only gripe I have is that teamwork is a little off-oriented. Make the ability to join squads so that the player can talk to those members in the squad through group and add a commander.

Great job,
                          h3

Comment

Thanks h3 :icon6:

AAS has a squad system, but so far the only benefit is to see member in a different color
                            on the minimap.

Units are single unit groups, as a group leader can be abused by assigning targets to his
                            subordinates (2-x). Unfortunately this targeting system is way too precise and auto updating.
                            For that reason since OFP PvP mission designers make humans as single unit groups. :row__691:

The PvPscene AAS version has a officer. He is probably somewhat the commander you think of?
                            He can call in artillery strikes once in a while and people can spawn at his position.

I am happy to hear your suggestions how to make the fireteams more useful or any other
                            abilities for the officer. :icon14:

You can read more about in the wiki in the features section.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X