Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we planning on starting to use the STHUD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we planning on starting to use the STHUD?

I am simply wondering if the Admins have considered using the ShackTac Fireteam Hud on aplha?
    It feels like it could help sorting out some of the cofusion that may uccur in some bigger missions.
    What do the rest of you think?

If this question has been asked before slap me on my fingers. :P
    "Somethimes it feels like life sucks, but you still got to make the best of it.."

Re: Are we planning on starting to use the STHUD?

because it is client-side only. It is left as an option for the user, and won't be part of the map pack. Similar to CSM, JTD, Landtex, or other client-side mods.

Feel free to download and use it, and recommend it to all the new players.

Comment

Basically what Glory just said. We dont push client sides mods on everyone. There are those that dont like the HUD and those that do, so it is up to the player to determine if its something they would like to have or not.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Don't forget that putting something on the Yoma link doesn't force people to use it. I don't use ACEX_SM for example. What it does do is influence the majority, ie most on the server will have it unless they opt out. Whether this is right or wrong im not sure.
        "Can't waste a day when the night brings a hearse
        So make a move and plead the fifth 'cause you can't plead the first."

Interesting Articles__________News
        tinyurl.com/PipelineGeopolitics_____prisonplanet.com
        tinyurl.com/USTrainGeorgia_______globalresearch.ca
        tinyurl.com/Rumsfeld-GeorgianDM__engdahl.oilgeopolitics.net
        tinyurl.com/Georgia3rdinIraq

Comment

We will not be adding it.

Comment

Since it's clientside, having it distributed to everyone is typically only a good idea when an entire group is united behind such a mod. When it comes to something like the STHUD, where you can potentially have people object on the grounds of "realism", and when dealing with a community like what TG has established in A2, it makes more sense to leave it up to the individual to pursue if they're interested. The lack of signature checking allows for this easily at present, and the inclusion of a server key allows it to be added to any signature checking system if ever that were pursued.

If you like it, feel free to tell others about it. Everyone's welcome to make their own decision on it and use it if they enjoy it.

Comment

I started using it after I saw Dslyecxi's post in the other forum about it. Tried it out last night and it worked nicely especially in the begining when everyone was trying to find their squad etc. I saw command element guys a certain direction so I headed towards them and easy as pie. I also noticed several others using it including Tobal so it appears its catching on quite well here. If everyone tries it for a couple missions I'm sure they will enjoy its functionality and keep it. It will definitely help if you're holding a position and your FTL or rest of your fireteam/squad start moving out without you facing them to notice it.
              I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
              Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

I love the STHUD. It helps to fill the painful loss of spatial awareness that comes with a video game.

Comment

I for one use it and am totally convinced that for us FTL and SL its an essential tool in keeping that all important SA !!! STHUD FTW

sigpic

Comment

Is this addon signed with the Alpha/Bravo servers? Will we be able to connect if we have it installed?

Comment

NoDebate, its just client side so everyone can use it no matter the server.
                      I have completed the following TG ArmA2 courses:
                      Navigation | Communications | Fireteam Operations | Basic Transport Helo

Comment

I've been using it, its great, only problem Ive seen is if your a SL you cant see more than 6 names at a time :(

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

There is a new version that will display up to 12.

Check the thread for the mod: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1471149

Comment

I use it and love it.
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I am using it now and it really helps me keep track of my squad mates

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X