Flashpoint '87 ARMA II Campgain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashpoint '87 ARMA II Campgain

Announcing the pending release of the Flashpoint '87 campaign for ARMA II coming soon to a TG sever near you! These set of contiguous missions follow several units through several theaters of war highlighting the maps of Podagorsk, Chernarus, Celle (NEW), and Thirsk Winter (NEW).

Flashpoint '87

The outbreak of hostilities between the WARSAW pact and NATO began on Aug 2nd 1987. NATO forces had been moved onto full operational alert on July 20th following an unprecedented series military maneuvers by the red army as well as the removal of Mikhail Gorbachev and other reformers by hardliner members of the Politburo. REFORGER operations began on July 30th. The soviet lead WARSAW pact assault has been brutal. Soviet armored spearheads have demonstrated a high degree of proficiency at modern maneuver warfare. WARSAW units have made the greatest gains against NORTHAG units and cut off Jutland late on August 6th. CENTAG has been able to hold against the WARSAW formations due to the more favorable defensive terrain but the possibility of a counter offensive still appears bleak. The air war has bogged down into a bloody war of attrition with better NATO air units countering but unable to break the vast numbers of WARSAW aircraft. Night interdiction efforts by NATO all-weather attack aircraft have proven effective but have been unable to significantly slow the WARSAW pact advance. In the Atlantic a series of daring Russian airborne actions against NATO installations in the north have left the fabled Greenland-Iceland-UK defenses in tatters and have allowed soviet naval and air forces to access the central and south Atlantic where shipping losses have been catastrophic. Convoy Operations are beginning but for the foreseeable future it is up to the current ground forces and what supplies and troops can be airlifted to hold the line.

Theaters of WAR

Crimson Shield (Podagorsk):
    The 18th infantry was deployed on Aug 5th as part of REFORGER and was attached to NORTHAG in an attempt to bolster NATO defenses in the north. On the 6th it was part of the 3rd maneuver group that was cut off with Danish forces on Jutland. While the bulk of the NATO forces engaged on Jutland are preparing to hold the Kiel Canal the 412th of the 18th along with a mix of other NATO units were tasked with holding the northern outskirts Lϋbeck. During the night of the 6th under a fierce WASAW assault this blocking force was forced to withdrawal north towards the Kiel Canal. However during the night the 2nd battalion of the 412th and several other supporting units were inadvertently cut off on the Podagorsk peninsula. Crimson Shield details their story.

Red Storm ( Chernarus):
    Comming Soon

Iron Dawn ( Celles):
    August 2nd, 3rd and the morning of August 4th proved difficult for NORTHAG forces. The 3rd Russian Shock Army lead the charge across the intergerman border early in the morning of the 2nd and by 0600 on the 4th had captured Lϋneberg. The 4th Shock Army crossed lines with the 5th Guard Tanks around 1200 and the 5th began driving south west down autobahn 7 attempting to encircle Hannover. On the extreme left of the 5th advance was the 447th Motor Rifle Regiment with a division of attacked tanks. Their mission was to capture Celle an important NATO ammo depot and cross roads. The defense of Celle is primarily the responsibility of the 19th Panzergrenadier Division with the support of two US and one Canadian reserve infantry battalions that had been caught sent north to help reinforce NORTHAG forces. Iron Dawn details their story.

Thor's Hammer (Thirsk Winter):
    Thirsk island off the coast of Norway was seized by Russian airborne forces early on August 3rd. An important early warning radar site its capture has allowed Russian bomber easier access to the vital North Atlantic shipping lanes. Heavy losses among convoys carrying valuable war supplies to Europe on the 3rd and 4th have made retaking Thirsk a top priority for NATO brass. To do the job the Norwegian Rangers are sent in to assist in retaking the island. Thorís Hammer details their story.

Re: Flashpoint '87 ARMA II Campgain

Lets keep this one on track, Falcon post updates here

Comment

How did the original post get off topic?

Comment

If you have a question about the other post, ask in the CAA forum this thread is about falcons upcoming missions

Comment

Boon, I just noticed you didn't credit Falcon at all in the first post. These are his missions, correct?

Comment

Yes.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Is there going to be a sign-up for a weekly recurring event of sorts?

My apologies if this has already been answered. I just dove into the forums today, on a fresh computer at that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDebate View Post
                Is there going to be a sign-up for a weekly recurring event of sorts?

My apologies if this has already been answered. I just dove into the forums today, on a fresh computer at that.
                I don't know I'd defiantly be interested in working with the Admin staff to make this happen, maybe like a Friday night mini-event. Expect the first release sometime early next week, I'll be sure to update this thread when those missions roll out and maybe have more details about playing them in an organized manner then.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X